Loc-line modifications

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ants86

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi all, currently I have my return flow coming out of a single 3/4'' loc-line hose (see attached for picture prior to adding LR or fish), but I feel like the current is too strong for my two baby oscellaris clownfish. I am thinking about splitting the hose with a Y fitting and using two flare nozzles.

Are there any benefits/drawbacks to doing that? Should I use one flare nozzle and one regular hose instead? Thanks!

Attachments

• Top of Tank.JPG
    Top of Tank.JPG
    179.8 KB · Views: 129
I don't think it would work because of the shape of the Locline. They also cut down a lot of flow. What kind of flow does your return pump have and what size tank? Most people are trying to increase flow instead of decrease, so yours is a curious situation.

I don't think it would work because of the shape of the Locline. They also cut down a lot of flow. What kind of flow does your return pump have and what size tank? Most people are trying to increase flow instead of decrease, so yours is a curious situation.

My tank size is 60 gallons (2x2x2 feet cube). The return pump is a Rio 2100, approximately 700GPH. I'm not trying to reduce flow, just trying to create more diversified and random flow without shelling out hundreds for a wavemaker. Does what I'm trying to achieve even make sense? Any other suggestions are welcome!

Back
Top Bottom