Long Ago Member Needs Some Help Please :-)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

carey

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, so I have not been on here in forever, lol, like years forever but I'm in need of some help with one of the tanks.

My 80g IM Nuvo is the culprit right now. It is pretty shallow for an 80g tank and I have 2 Radion g2's with lens I believe over it. Mounted with ecotech full arm mounts so exactly 8 inches over the water top dead centered. Intensity is set with ecotech template at 25% or 30% max intensity.

I cannot get the radions output right or I suck at placement cause I have half a tank of happy coral and half are not so happy with one about to die sadly.

I have 3 of the same lights over my 180g at 75% with the same schedule as the nuvo and what I have in there, which is not very much at ALL spreads like mad. ( just leathers and softies like blue clove polyps nothing exciting. lol)

I was a champ at t5's but now that the leds' are here I'm not quite the coral keeper I once was. lol Let me know if anyone has any suggestions or questions, I kinda ramble on as you may have noticed and I'm certain I missed some vital information. :)

Miss this forum so much, I was here like every second of every day it seemed. HAHA I'm gonna go post some updates in my profile. I've made a few changes here and there but I still have a good majority of the fish I started out with 8-9 years ago. They may be old , but they are FAT and happy!!

Ok, so the radions are 8 inches above the water. What are you trying to keep under them? When I had radions over my 55, I had them maxed at 65% intensity. There were issues here and there, but I do not believe them to be light related.

Hi there! Thanks for the response sniper! Not sure if you remember me, lol, it's been awhile but I've got a good handle on things "usually" aquaria related BUT I amy have found my culprit. I was messing with the radions over the nuvo and they seem to be reverting to 60% which is enough to bake anything with the depth of the tank only being 15 inches. I'm not sure why they keep changing on me, I clearly had them set at 25% or 30% every time I mess with them. :-( The three over the 180g seem fine and the light seems like it is what it should be which is 70%. I do have a reeflink running, could it be resetting and sending out the bad program?

How can I post pics in a thread again? lol I would hope it is still allowed. I'd like to get a few pics of the corals and see what you or anyone else thinks. I've always been open to improvement and constructive critiscm. :)

AS a side note, I've added two fish this week to the 80g Nuvo, a dusky jawfish which is soo stinking fun to watch and a small yellow tang today. I couldn't resist for $35, they are usually close to $100 around here. Sadly he is too small to go right into the 180g, those guys would tear him up!

thanks !

Back
Top Bottom