Long tentacle anemone hosting?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cblightfoot

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
How do I get my 2 Ocellaris clownfish to host my anemone. I have had the clowns for over 7 months and I've just put the healthy long tentacle anemone in the tank 2 weeks ago.

Any tricks or ideas?

It isn't exactly a problem, it is not a necessary thing. Sometimes it happens, sometimes not. Tank bred clowns don't exactly know what an anemone is or what to do with it.

The long tentacle is not a natural host for an occ clown and as stated if its tank bred then even less likely, but it does happen! I also don't think it's a problem, either species is going to be just fine - I have seen clowns host rocks, soft corals or like mine host the side of my skimmer...

Wait, before you go out buying a new anemone we need to figure out why it died. Otherwise you're just burning holes in your wallet just to possibly have another one die. What lights are over your tank and how long has it been set up?

Tank has been set up for about 2 years. Lights are only 6 months or less old. Running 4 33in 39w bulbs 2 blues, 1 white and 1 red with an aquatic life programmable hood. My parameters are perfect except my alkalinity which was at 6.

I can't see how the red is beneficial, I first had a 4x t5 set up in my 55 (2x white, 2x actinic) they were 54w tubes and I couldn't keep a nem. I upgraded to LEDs :)

I was told that it would just give a different color spectrum and look to the tank as well as it would give the corals a little more pop.

Back
Top Bottom