Long tentacle plate coral

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Foskett96

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Hi I picked up a long tentacle plate coral today and as it was opening up it seems like a few of the tentacles have popped. Can they regrow back to normal.

When you say "popped," do you mean they look shriveled? If that's the case, they have propably just expelled their water and will pump back up.

If the animal has been damaged, yes, it can heal. Just make sure no one is picking at it and watch your water parameters.

I dont think anything will pick at it because I only have 2 ocellaris clowns in it.

Yet another coral that's better left in the ocean. They do not do well in closed systems I'm afraid. Good luck with it.

But all over the Internet it says that the long tentacle plate coral is a easy coral to keep.

No way. The short tentacle is, but the long is not. There's a lot of incorrect information out there if you look long enough.

If we knew the answer to that we would know how to correct the issue. They just seem to do ok for a little while and then crash.

What determines if they have thick tentacles or skinny ones.

Back
Top Bottom