Look what I did..With many thanks for your help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

davebailey46

Aquarium Advice Activist
Here it is. The new 72 gal bow front with custom sump.
Many thanks to you all and to Melevsreef.
If I screwed something up let me know
The CCS125 is still breaking in so there are alot of microbubbles

Attachments

• img_0022.jpg
    img_0022.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 139
  • img_0024.jpg
    img_0024.jpg
    156.9 KB · Views: 140
  • img_0026.jpg
    img_0026.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 96
Looks great!! Why not put the heater in the right compartment (with the pump) so it's out of the refugium? JMO

Good point I dont know how that one eluded me... I think I may switch too 2 100 watt heaters in there being that a 200 watt is too tall

davebailey46 said:
Good point I dont know how that one eluded me... I think I may switch too 2 100 watt heaters in there being that a 200 watt is too tall

Good idea since one may also stop working and it’s better to have a back up. I’d keep the 200 watt & just get another 100 watt to supplement it. Also you might want to buy another brand then the one you have unless it’s very stable. I used to use one heater on my 55 but it varied from 75 to 79 degrees and the second one I bought helps keep it closer to 77 all the time.

I have to 200 in the main right now but Ill go get another 100 for the sump any recommendations on which one? (I will try and drop the 200 in the main if the 2 in the sump are sufficent)
Thanks

davebailey46 said:
I have to 200 in the main right now but Ill go get another 100 for the sump any recommendations on which one? (I will try and drop the 200 in the main if the 2 in the sump are sufficent)
Thanks

get one that doesnt have glass...

they can break and leak voltage into the water... the titaniums are on my list of things to buy in the long list of things to do/replace.

The water level in the pump compartment will fluctuate due to evaporation. If you put a heater in there, make sure it always stays submerged. Keep up on your top offs or get a auto top off.

Looks nice!

I swear to god I get home last night from looking for a titanium heater at my LFS....and the heater in the sump had exploded! Its couldnt have been like that for more than an hour or so?....
Bad timing

Sorry to hear about that! I’ve used glass for over 10 years without a problem in the past. I still have a 200w glass one that I use when I mix my water up and its 8 years old. I switched to titanium just 3 months ago myself.

Are your fish ok? Did it blow a fuse? Usually if the heating element is just an inch or so out of water when on it will break :(

No fuses blown...The heater was completely submerged when it broke it was still in one of the suction cups (which it was flat on the bottom of the sump)
The fish looked jumpy today but I did just transplant them to a new home...

That's wild, never had one break or heard of one breaking when still submerged. Glad the fish made it out alive. I wonder if they even felt anything. I assume you unplugged before removing 8O

Back
Top Bottom