Looking for help on corals

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saywill

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a Single Satellite Compact Fluorescent Fixture for lighting. What corals can I introdue with this type of set up?

After you determine what amount of lighting you have, you can go here and choose that amount of lighting, (low, medium or high) for a list of corals that might be appropriate for your tank.

One question I would like to ask is how long has your tank been up and running? Adding corals should be done a few months after your tank has completed its cycle. This gives your tank time to mature a little.

That is a good database to get you started! My advice is to research each coral before you buy it so that you have a good understanding of its needs (lighting, flow ect.) that will save you a lot of money and loss.

the tank has been running for over 1 year, I am looking to spice it up a little.
(10000°K daylight and 460 nanometer actinic) bulb.
2 65 watt bulbs.

to be honest, that is not enough light to do much with..even mushrooms will have a tough time.

I agree that is not enough as far as lighting. Double that and you should be OK for most soft and LPS corals.

Ok, I will look into it. Once I get the lights, then I am entering a whole new phase!

Back
Top Bottom