looking for ideas for my tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

honeysuckle11

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey everyone i have a 30 gallon tank with a 20 gallon refugium under it. i have a dual t5 lighting and 2 power heads rate for 500 gph. right now my stocking list it a yellow watchmen goby pair with a tiger pistol shimp (which doesnt come out since i got him) a black and white cardinal fish, a yellow tail damsel, a scooter blenny,7 astraea snails, 5 nassarius snails, a green bubble tip aneomore and a duncan coral with 5 heads. Well esle would be a nice fish to do i was think 2 clowns or a red hawk and a 6 liner. Any ideas would be great thank you.

Wait do you already have those 4 fish?? For a 30 gallon i would get a max of 5 fish. Id get
Watchman/shrimp
2 clowns
6 line
1 cardinal

Yea i have them 4 fish in there mean i make take the dasmel back cause he was a starter fish. Someone told me to get a fairy fish or a flame angel. I though a flame angel be to big for a 30 48=&5/

How about a cleaner shrimp? I know they aren't fish but I kept one in a 30 for years and he was awesome. Would clean my hand when I put it in there to move corals around. It's always great to watch them clean your fish.

I have a question an it maybe stupid but do shimp or crab take up space like the same as fish? Like bioload wise i mean or count as in inch per some many gallons?

honeysuckle11 said:
I have a question an it maybe stupid but do shimp or crab take up space like the same as fish? Like bioload wise i mean or count as in inch per some many gallons?

Yes, they require food and they expel waste just as a fish does. Their bioload is smaller than most fish but they are still part of the bioload.

I would say your fully stocked for now. If after 6-12 months your still able to control nitrates then maybe 1 more fish maybe. Dont forget the fish you have will grow, and their bioload will increase, depending on current size the bioload could double in a year just from the fish growing.

I think you should probably take back one of the watchman for something else. The pistol will most likely kill it otherwise. Just a thought.

honeysuckle11 said:
I only have one watchmen goby most of my fish are almost fuly grow.

My mistake i misread. You said yellow watchman goby pair but i now realize you meant paired with the tiger pistol.

So u think i could get a pair of clowns fish if i take back my yellow tail damsel

honeysuckle11 said:
So u think i could get a pair of clowns fish if i take back my yellow tail damsel

Its still pushing it for a 30g that would still put u at 5 with the tiger and the 2 clowns will have the largest bioload in the tank.

If you do i would only get ocellaris clowns. Just remember if nitrates/phosphates become a problem then you might have to remove something else. Otherwise i think your okay. Good luck catching the damsel tho;)

My pistol shrimp is a baby he is only like 1/2 inch. He makes his claw noise aloud sometimes would u know y?

honeysuckle11 said:
My pistol shrimp is a baby he is only like 1/2 inch. He makes his claw noise aloud sometimes would u know y?

They use the pressure wave from their "snap" to stun small prey like copepods and mysid shrimp then eat the little buggers. In the ocean they also catch baby fish like that. When you hear their snap it often means a mysid found his way from your rock into his den. It's like his dinner bell, in a way.

Back
Top Bottom