Looking for material and research for the future.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ferret

Aquarium Advice Addict
I won't have a saltwater tank for a long time, not till I own a house in 3 or 4 years. But I'd like to start gathering information and research, so I'll know a few things ahead of time and maybe even be able to answer some questions for a few folks every now and then. I'd love to grab some books but right now my capital is running a bit low so need free material.

Please post some of the best sites you know for starting out with saltwater. My personal interests will be towards a full out tank, reef coral fish etc etc, but any varieties would be cool.

For reference, once I get a house I have plans for all fresh water tanks to be in the basement (A requirement for any house I buy :p). I plan to have possibly one FW tank in the main section of the house, and plan for a large (150-200 gallon) SW display tank. Yeah, I think big and far ahead :p

Check out the books in the suggested reading post at the top of this forum. "The Conscientious Marine Aquarist" is good, along with "Aquarium Corals" by E. Borneman and "The Natural Reef Aquarium" by John Tullock. Happy planning :D

Mainly looking for web links and sites, as noted in my initial post I cannot afford right now to go purchase any books nor do I have time to hunt them down at a library. I work all day and am making a car purchase this weekend :p No more budget surplus :(

I would just read posts on this site and do searches when you don't understand what something is. Thats what I did and in no time you;ll be able to make sense outta most posts.... I also bought a cheap 12 dollar book to supplement it. I know you don't want to buy anything yet though.

Back
Top Bottom