Looking for Mr. Personality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hunie10

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all! :D

I am pretty new to the hobby and have been reading these posts non-stop since I started. I have learned so much from you all.

I have set up my 55 gal. and it has finished cycling. I am in the process of setting up my quarintine tank so I can get some new fish in my tank. I have some damsels in there right now (curiosity of bad advice from the LFS) but they all survived and are doing great. They are Blue Chromis Damsels and I have read that they are not too aggressive.

I was wondering if you all had any suggestion as to which fish I should add to my tank. I am looking for species that are know for having a lot of personality and maybe some nocturnal fish.

i have a little neon goby in my tank that is really cool. he will stay really small but he has a little pot belly cause every time i feed the tank he is the first to the top to make sure he gets plenty to eat. he is my favorite.

I've heard that Lawnmower Blenny's have a lot of personality. If it wasnt for my eel, i would definately have one.

as far as personality i second the blenney they are great more agressive but boy what a ham is the spotted hawk

Scooter Blennies stay small, are adoreable and very active. Another consideration would be a yellow headed jawfish, very entertaining as they build structures daily. They also stay pretty small.

I agree with all the posters above, the most personality fish, IMO are...
1) Lawnmower and Redlipped blennies
2) Pufferfish (of any kind, but I'm partial to dog faced puffers)
3) Flame hawks and falco hawks and longnose hawks
4) Scooter blennies

Make sure you research which ever fish you choose to make sure you can provide for their individual requirements :wink:

2) Pufferfish (of any kind, but I'm partial to dog faced puffers)

Puffers definitely have a great personality except the ravaging hunger part. They are always hungry and will eat anything(including human flesh, watch your fingers!).

-Dan

well.. i don't think many people would recommend cowfishes.. because of the toxin that they can release.. i have a longhorn cowfish and a helmet cow.. they both have great personality.. i think the hardest part to keeping one is the acclimation part.. after that it is fairly easy.. i love the helmet cow.. he grows up to about six inches so i'm pretty sure i can stay in a 55g tank..

Thanks for all of the awesome suggestions!! I am off to the LFS! I know...I know...no impulse buying....I am just going to look. :?

puffers are cool i have a porcupine and he has more personality than any fish i've ever seen. but a valentini would be a good sized puffer for your 55 gal

I agree with the yellow headed jawfish. He has the most personality in my tank! And long horned cowfish are excellent, but they would eventually outgrow that tank. I'm not sure about the helmet cow, but it sounds like a definate possibility!

Back
Top Bottom