Looking for some good beginner reef safe fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

s007m77

Aquarium Advice Regular
Just want to know some opinions on good interesting fish preferably not expensive. I know I want a clown I have a helthy 4 month old tank with manny coral frags growing away. I have 5 turbos a shrimp and a goby in a 90 gallon. Aney fish will be consiterd for my new tank thanks

I like that fish but from what I can see people saying it can nip it coral... do you have one can u speek from experence? I dont want my coral stressed.

I personally don't have one. But my buddy does and it never has bothered at his coral other than a few times but he says it's mostly just getting algae off

Sweet I will defenitly look Into it thanks! That fish would look amazing in my tank.

I have a tomini tang, a Carpenter's wrasse, leopard wrasse (can be finicky), Lubbock's wrasse, and royal gramma in my 75 right now. As far as tangs in that size tank, the tomini and kole (one or the other - not both) are the only ones commonly available I'd go with. I'm very partial to flasher and fairy wrasses. They don't bother corals or inverts and are colorful and active. Some wrasses will go after each other until a hierarchy is established, so I would recommend an acclimation box if you keep more than one species.

Other fish I would consider include a Midas blenny or melanarus wrasse. (My melanarus wrasse was a bit aggressive for the rest of the tank and had to be moved. Most folks report their doesn't have quite the aggressive tendencies.)

Thank you Rutrag this is just the information I was looking for.

I personally like Royal Grammas, firefish, banggai cardinals, bi color and neon stripe dottybacks, foxfaces. the list goes on. Plenty of choices out there, happy shopping.

I'm a huge fan of both the lawnmower blenny and the bicolor blenny, pretty easy to care for, and tons of personality

Sent from my Z750C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom