Looking to build a 20 gallon sump

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I will i just added a pistol shrimp to hope to pair with my watchmen goby and i added a green bubble tip aneomone

Was a baby tiger pistol shrimp but he didnt home together but i didnt have enough sand but now there is but only other thing i seen was he may have been missing a claw or just cause he still a baby

hey yea sry just been busy with work and was just buying parts slowly for it. u have to let me know if i did something wrong with it

I bet its just fine.. be able to tell a lil better with some pics though ;) haha

Pretty good actually making a frag swap with another member on here in a few hours.. actually got in contact with a local aquaculturer looking to get out of the business too so might get a steal on an entire stock of corals and equipment :D! Check em out he's got great stuff slipperyrockcorals.com

oh nice i will have to check them out. only think i know u need to upgrade is my proteinc skimmer its only a mini 40 gallon protien skimmer. and i like to do coral i have a green bubble tip anemone thats getting really big in my tank. i have a question u have a anoemone and do u know how many times a week u should feel him?

Looks great but I think you need to top off lol also I agree upgrade the skimmer to the biggest that'll fit in those measurements. As for the anemone I'm not sure but if you open a new thread or search through some threads for feeding requirements then you could find out in no time.

what do u mean by topping off? how high should it be? i mean only thing that looks low is my sump area. how high should it be like 3 or 4 inches from the top? mean my skimmer will work for now but will upgrade with a week or so

I live in WV northern panhandle so very close. The return section should be as high as you can keep it without effecting water level in the other chambers which will give you more total volume by a couple gallons maybe and more buffer room between running dry and.burning up a pump. Do you have an ato (automatic top off)?

na dont have a ato. i just been watching my levels pretty much. i was actually just at virigina beach last weekend my buddy has a house down there. very nice down there

Back
Top Bottom