Looking to start soon!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Haha everyone wants to go salt eventually right? And if you can get a good deal on a tank, i would definitaly do it if you are confident in your abilities! Haha because nobody wants to loose a 25$ fish! I do not have a salt water tank, but in the future i want one and many people on aa would help you do it! I say yes. Haha

It's a decent tank if you plan on going for a nano. If you can, i'd really suggest getting the biggest tank you can get your hands on. Much easier to take care of b/c of the water volume. A larger tank also opens up the possibilities for more types of fish.

Have you decided what type of system you want? fowlr, reef? What type of fish you want to keep?

If you decide that you want smaller fish/fish that will do fine in a 29g; then that tank is a good buy.

Just brain storming. I know I want some coral,star fish, pair of clown fish, not sure of the name of it but the sand sifter one and one other fish like "the fish" of the tank. I think its a yellow tang. And maybe some shrimp and ground dwellers. I was under the impression that the tank I was looking at was bigger then. 29g but anyway that really it. I figured try it out since he's getting me a GREAT deal and already comes with everything. He's also gonna come over and help me set it up and cycle it. He's invited me to his store to show me different fish. How to test sw tanks and the ins and outs of that tank so I'm not hit all at once.

I know a few people that have red sea max tanks but they have all mod them in one way or another. Light and skimmer is usually the first things they do. They are a beautiful tank that is for sure.

joy13 said:
I know a few people that have red sea max tanks but they have all mod them in one way or another. Light and skimmer is usually the first things they do. They are a beautiful tank that is for sure.

I was just saying that I would do lighting. I guess it doesn't have moon light with the blue LED's alone. From what I'm reading you can't just have the blue lights on, they all have to be on. Protein skimmer, I don't know enough yet to even know if the one it comes with is good enough.

Back
Top Bottom