lost

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WAX

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
ok i just bought a live rock with a star polyp on it but now that i got it home i cant find it on the rock. called the store and they said that its still there it just went flat. if so then how do i know what side to lay it down on because i dont see it any where on the rock.

and.. i have some stuff living in the rock that i dont know if i should keep. 1 is some kind of black looking worm i tryed to kill it but.. dont think i did?? and theres something in the rock that keeps sending 2 or 3 clear arms out on the rock like it"s feeling around for something. and it did grab some of the food i put in there for the fish.

WELCOME TO AA!!!

Are you sure it's not still in the bag?
Any chance you can get a pic?

yeah i looked in the bag.no pic..

I have 1 button polyp and when it closes, I can't see it at all. Not too sure on the star ones. Hopefully a reefer will be able to better assist.

All I can suggest is try to keep as much of the rock from leaning on another rock as possible if that makes sense. As far as the other life I would not worry unless you see it doing something bad. Alot of the life will be good for your tank as filter feeders or fish waste feeders. There are some that are not good also

Maybe you can find it on this site
http://www.xtalworld.com/Aquarium/hitchfaq.htm

Look for a purple mat green star polyps have a purple mat that encrusts onto the rock once you locate that place that side up it can take a few days for them to adjust and open

ok thanks you all. i do see a purple mat on the rock

that side up (BTW it should be somewhat bumpy that is your GSP)

Back
Top Bottom