lots of bubbles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

bfishing

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello Everyone

This is the first time here. I have a problem with bubbles in my tank don't know where it is coming from.
I have a hang on remora skimmer, a zoo med ph and a aquaclear 402 ph, and an external hang on filter my tank is a 29gal. with about 35 lbs of LS and 30 lbs of LR thinking about putting another 20lbs of LS. But I want to find out why are there so many bubbles in my tank it is all over the LR and the glass all three sides except the front don't know why.

Please help really fustrating.

If you don't have a prefilter box for the remora, my money would be on that.

Easy way to figure out which one is causing you bubbles...turn the off one at a time, after turning one off walk away from the tank for 15 minutes and when you come back, if there are still bubbles in the tank, turn the next one off. When you finally come back and there are no bubbles in the tank, the last one you switched off is the one causing your problems. Start with the skimmer, bet you won't have to turn another on off.

They sell surface skimmer boxes for them that have a sponge to trap the bubbles, from what I understand these work quite well. Another option would be to downgrade your pump to a RIO 800, which supposedly does not produce micro bubbles like the maxijet upgrade. I do wonder about simply downgrading the MJ pump to an 1100 and see what happens, hmmm, I have one in the tank now....might have a project next weekend.

email to the aqua C's company they told me that it could be that I add some additives or trace element. Here is the exact quote,
Thanks for the message, the prefilter box will help remove the bubbles, however sometimes you can fix this problem by identifying whether there is a certain additive or trace element that is causing the problem to be worse. Any chance you are dosing any liquid additives to the tank? Also, where do you run the system salinity at?
Is it true or not? I did add some additives, Coralife's Marine Iodine Supplement.
Please help.

Additives may be causing the problems. I would just get the bubble box and I bet your problem will go away !

Yes it's true their are some additives that make skimmers go nuts, water conditioners specifically water conditioners with slime coat enhancers are notorious for this.

Back
Top Bottom