Low ph level

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DWick180

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am finishing my cyclic lying my 29 gallon tank. My ammonia and trite levels are both almost 0. I did test my ph and it seems outrageously low. Does anybody know of ways for me to get my ph up to where it needs to be(8.2-8.4)?

my guess would be its not done cycling I would wait and test it again in a couple days. when its all done it should raise.. you can add additive that will set it automatically. I think instant ocean makes some and a couple others but I would wait it out before you add something you may not need

I have the same problem. I just had my water tested at the pet store and they said to buy the ph up stuff. I'm going to wait until the weekend since I've heard to not mess with chemicals unless you absolutely have to because it could turn into a big mess of too highs and too lows.

yes like I advised I wouldn't add anything unless needed.. I would not get the ph up because it is to easy to rise to high. I would get the ones that set ph automatically( only if absolute needed)

When did you test the Ph? A ph drop occurs when the lights in the tank get turned off. Throughout the day, it will get a little higher as the lights are on longer.
What is the actual ph level?

Back
Top Bottom