LR before and after

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

atif

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
OK - my tank cycled and then i decided to add 25lbs of LR which caused the tank to cycle again but after 6 days all the readings were zero again.

1. when i added cured LR it had a bunch of pink and some green all overr it. now it's more green than pink. will this color ever return? is it my lights or water / mineral issues? i have never checked the Calcium levels. see prictues.

2. i have 2 x 36W compact florescents for approx 25G water, what types of coral should i start out with? shrooms and polyps?

3. i'm noticing some bubble like cavaties appearing in my sand bed up against the front glass - any ideas?

cheers for the advice - Atif
btw - after shot is with blue actnic only

I am not entirely sure, but it looks like a sponge to me. If that is in fact true, sponges are very particular about water quality and will not survive a cycle. :cry:

i think your color will most definatly come back just give it some time and some calcium. also about the corals you should start with i would highly suggest anthelia if you can get some. it is VERY hardy and not prone to crashes like it's cousin xenia. this was the first coral i had and after a year and some pruning it is just huge. lastly for the bubbles in your sand bed this is a good thing. this means that your dsb is starting to collect the excess nitrates from your tank. believe me you will see plenty more of those little bubbles appearing in the future.

Can you give us an after shot with full lights vs just actnic.

The coraline will grow with nothing special to be done other than regular water changes to maintain calcium levels and having a day/night cycle of about 12hours on/off.

Thanks guys! Fishfreak, i'll take another snap tonight with full lights so you can see what's going on. interedting thing is that on some of the other LR i see some small growths of this red/pink stuff. looks nice.

here are the pictures you requested

1. little blurry of the coral that used to be pink.

2. of the pink nobby growths

3. zoom of the growth.

thanks
A[/img]

Back
Top Bottom