lr coming today

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

morgan24

Aquarium Advice Freak
I ordered 16lbs of lr for my 10gl. It will be here today sometime i shipped 1 day overnight so it should be good to cycle with plus my sand is going to be here to finally. You remember the pic of my bare 10 gal wait till later tonight i will post more pics of lr and sand. Oh yeah i got another question i hooked up my ro/di yesterday and i'm still testing high in phosphates the same as my tap water whats up with that. every thing is hooked up right I'll post pics of that to.

I gather your RO/DI is new? you don't need to replace new filters.... just make sure you run about 10 gallons of water through it, then dump that, and test it after that.

The first 10 G, is no good!!

Ryan

i dumped the first 20 or so. I'll test it later. I just got my sand fromm fed ex so i'm in the middle of waiting for my tank to clear and my lr should be here in a little bit. Do you think i should wait for the tank to clear up before i put the lr in?

You don't have to wait for the tank to clear since it's going to get cloudy again but it will be easier to say. I would recommend waiting for the lr to cure then putting it in unless your lr is already cured.

How exciting - better than Christmas present expectations . You might want to arrange the LR so that it is resting on the bottom of the tank or on a thin layer of sand. If you put anybody in who likes to dig, you might find your rock shifting. If you do rock on bottom, place flat sides against the glass to minimize pressure.

Have fun !

Based on certain calculators, I thought I would only get about 2 inches of sand with 60 pounds of sand in my 46 gallon bow, but I just put it in, and I swear it almost 3 inches! Is that a good depth?

When I get my rock, should I dig into the sand a bit to place the rock near the bottom and then push the sand up to the sides of the rock to "anchor" it?

Paul

It would be a good idea to try and bury it. much more stable that way, and you minimize the chance of a "rockslide."

Just remember to but the ugliest part of the rock down. Everything on the rock underneath will eventually die, so place the "deadest" side down.

add all the LR at once and start the cycle...No need to cure the LR before adding it to a new tank with no fish. The die off should start a cycle, if not toss in a srimp from the supermarket and let it rot. the will start a cycle.

good luck

Back
Top Bottom