Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-09-2003, 01:31 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Regular
Send a message via ICQ to Butters Send a message via AIM to Butters Send a message via MSN to Butters Send a message via Yahoo to Butters
LR Deal or no?

ok i saw an ad in the newspaper yesterday someone is selling 100 lbs of live rock and some other stuff. so i called them and they said they would sell me the rock at $1.00 a lb. so 100 lbs for 100 bucks. heres the catch though....when they moved into their new house they said that this stuff was there unkept for over a month. so the problem is the lady said the rock had VERY bad RED algae. it was kept in the tank but no moving water.

my thoughts are that whatever creatures that were in the rock are now prolly dead. should I go for this deal since my tank just started its first cycle anyways or should i get un algaed rock?

also If i should get it would it be easy to cure the algae problem?

Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2003, 07:42 AM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
At 1.00 per lb, thats a pretty good deal, even if it's base rock. If you get it, make sure you rinse all the cyano off before you put it in your tank and have good water flow. I would not necessarily consider this LR, it is base rock at this point.

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com