LR question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishman

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have a 125 gallon and at this time have about 30 lbs of LR but am going to order more in the next few weeks. I dont really want to go reef (not right now at least), but would like to encourage any and all algea and other misc growth. My question is, I have 1 - 10K light and 1 actinic for lighting. Will this promote decent growth on the LR??
Thanks

Also, another question is do I need to add any chemicals to my water as well to promote good growth? sorry forgot to add this.

I have 1 - 10K light and 1 actinic for lighting. Will this promote decent growth on the LR??
Thanks

How many total watts of light is it?

Also, another question is do I need to add any chemicals to my water as well to promote good growth? sorry forgot to add this.

If your not adding corals, more than likely regular water changes will be plenty to maintain levels for coraline growth.

The 1 regular florescent is 40W and the atinic is 40W as well....so a total of 80W. Is this enough??

ok...well my next question would be - how much is needed? Thats what I was wanting to know originally? Do I just replace the ones that are in there???
Thanks

Kevin
Help a fishlover out!! :wink:
Ok so I need to augment them. As Im sure you are aware, Im new to this. I want to do this as cheaply as possible and can DIY as Im fairly handy. If I want to add to these already existing lights, what do I need? Do I just buy the bulbs on line and get the ballest where?? Home Depot?? Tell me what I need to do.
Thanks!

LOL, I am not very handy and tend to DIY myself to the ER ;) I would recommend you figure out how much light you want to add, I would recommend a couple of 6ft NO bulbs as a minimum. And the post in the DIY forum on how to do it ;)

Back
Top Bottom