LR Question?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

finest

Aquarium Advice Regular
Is this enough I have 88pds of LR on my 50gal.

When I add new LR on my router I see that there is a few worm going out of my LR is that ok?

Most hitchhiker worms are pretty safe but I’d post a photo if you can to rule out the fireworm.

88 lbs is fine for bio-filtration but you could always add more if you have room.

it is a red long worm w/ a spine on its sides

what is your recommendation for 50gal (LR)

yes! that's it when I add a new cured LR on my aquarium I see this worm going out of my LR...

I have a problem I buy 5 turbo snails but till know i did not see any movement on my turbo snails.

I would remove that worm asap. Not with the hands though since they have a nasty sting.

Acclimation is probably the issue with the snails. IME they do not do well unless you drip acclimate them for 3+ hours if adding directly to the main. It really depends more on what sg/ph level they came from and what your tank is at. Since I keep mine on the high end (1.025) I don’t add anything to my main and drop everything in my QT tank keep at the same level they came from for a couple of weeks and slowly raise the sg/ph every day using a SW mixture for top off. If you do that then you usually can quickly acclimate them to the qt within 1 hour or less.

it is already 2 days since I put my Turbo Snails, is that ok if i remove my turbo snail and check if it will come out!?

I've check my gravity and its normal and all my fish is doing well.

how to Acclimate "Cleaner Wrasse" because I've buy 4 of this kind and just only one survive and i found out that this fish releasing white saliva or something like that…

how to acclimate "Green Brittle Star, Cleaner Shrimp and Camel Shrimp"

If they haven’t moved in days then they are probably dead. You will know quickly by taking them out for a second and smell the hole (not too close). Do not take them out long enough to see anything move. If it doesn’t smell bad then they are probably still alive and just place them back in the tank upright. Check every day for any snails that haven’t moved in hours. Turbo snails are usually pretty active most of the day.

IMO you should never buy a "Cleaner Wrasse". They only survive on parasites and will quickly die in almost any tank. My lfs has two to clean new fish that come in and they have had them for over a year now. They also don’t sell them and any lfs that does I won’t deal with. I have never seen the cleaners eat any food put into their tanks with any regularity.

Acclimating the others is best done in a QT matching the sg/ph where they came from and even then still drip acclimating them for an hour IME. Starfish in particular are the most sensitive to sg/ph/temp changes and any rapid changes will lead to death usually within days.

Oh! I see so your opinion is never buy Cleaner Wrasse, so i like to know what is the best fish/inverts that i need to but for me to have a parasites eater, cleaner crew!?

can i use Floating Method on inverts!?

what is the best way to acclimate my specimens my Floating Method or Drip Method?

Back
Top Bottom