LR rubble question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LynnCeeBee

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm in the process of changing out my bioballs to LR rubble. The live rock is curing now. The bioballs sit on an eggcrate where the water trickles through it. When I put the LR rubble in, does it also sit on the egg crate, with the water trickling through, or should it be sitting in the water reservoir itself where it can be covered by the water trickling through?

Thanks for your help!

Personally, i dont know if placing it so that water trickles through it or in the water. I have see people put it in the water rather that having water trickle through it. I would imagine to put it the same way your bio balls are placed.

Remove the egg crate that the bioballs are on and put your LR rubble directly on the bottom of the sump. Make sure it is covered completely with water. I have a couple of pics of mine in my gallery if you care to have a peak.

I agree with Brian. I have not converted mine yet but I have read that you want the LR submerged under water.

Back
Top Bottom