Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-11-2013, 11:01 AM   #51
Aquarium Advice Freak

Yea your stand height is a bit short but no harm in leaving your skimmer where it is. Another option u could do is get a 10 gal tank and find a stand the same height or a bit shorter and have a display fuge and plumb the fuge tank to the main display tank and that will give you some diff fish options also ex: if you'd like sea horses then you would be able to plant the tank with macro and a bit of live rock and have a sea horse tank with a purpose since both the fuge and sea horses and pipe fish need lower flows just an idea

Old 01-11-2013, 11:03 AM   #52
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsh View Post

Agreed, need more salt and to buy some RODI filters for a unit I picked up yesterday. I saw the RO water from outside the supermarket has led to algae, which was what my whole tank was made with earlier this month
Yea I was useing RO water from the machines outside the supermarket if they are maintenced properly it's ok but they usually are not so large algae outbreak from that water

Old 01-11-2013, 11:19 AM   #53
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Belle View Post

Yea I was useing RO water from the machines outside the supermarket if they are maintenced properly it's ok but they usually are not so large algae outbreak from that water
Ha I did actually notice that the last service sticker was February 2012. :/
Old 01-11-2013, 11:20 AM   #54
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supa Belle View Post
Yea your stand height is a bit short but no harm in leaving your skimmer where it is. Another option u could do is get a 10 gal tank and find a stand the same height or a bit shorter and have a display fuge and plumb the fuge tank to the main display tank and that will give you some diff fish options also ex: if you'd like sea horses then you would be able to plant the tank with macro and a bit of live rock and have a sea horse tank with a purpose since both the fuge and sea horses and pipe fish need lower flows just an idea
ABSOLUTELY great advice. My husband and I would both love to have seahorses, we wanted to do a species tank at first but the 55 wasn't ideal

Tags
algae, macroalgae

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com