Made out like a bandit!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tank is kind of dirty... So don't judge me! Lol.
image-1939997745.jpg

image-3658601103.jpg

image-1532991636.jpg

image-404547033.jpg

image-2619400835.jpg

image-1214790171.jpg
(Broke this one)
image-2488812389.jpg
(I broke this one)

image-1125718417.jpg
Acans my butterflyfish went to town on... :(

Nice frags. Your tank is looking great. I love frag swaps and broke some myself by trying to wedge them in :( but they survived :)

Thanks Daniel! :) I was a little mortified by the frags breaking. :/ even more mortified when I woke up to no acans. :/ got to build a rack to place my sensitive frags in. My butterfly fish ate the acans and went to town on the existing zoas I had in the tank. My bf loves the butterfly fish (he bought it for me) but I told him its time we swapped him out. He got sensitive. So rack it is for now. Maybe in the future I can swap him out for an acan!! Hahaha. :)

image-2084087572.jpg
Doesn't look to appealing with that egg crate inside but I had to keep my zoas and acans safe. Most of the acans were destroyed... But there's some life left! I'm crossing my fingers they will be ok.

image-4228909722.jpg

image-1376620652.jpg
My shrimp!!! :)

Aww man! :( sorry about the corals! I broke my sps frag as well, but I managed to make it work! Your corals will recover. Don't worry

Nice shrimp what kind is it? Camel shrimp? Blue eyes!!

Camel shrimp... :) I'm not sure if it has blue eyes or not. But from the picture it looks like it. He hardly comes out. He's always hiding in the rocks... So I finally got a good picture of him!

Can someone help me on what type of cuc to get? I'm noticing green algae on my rock. Didn't notice until today when I was cleaning the diatoms off the front of the tank. I only have 8 narcissus snails in there. My params are ok. The PH is a bit on the low side and my phosphates are around .08ppm... I have a phosphate reactor but it doesn't seem to do the trick. So I think my lfs was either mixing his water with tap. Started using an other lFS that I know uses RO to mix their water now... Hopefully it slowly lowers it. I do about 15% water changes every week. Should I increase the water changes and scrub the heck out of the rock? Can I do this without harming the bb on the LR? How do I remove the rock when I have my corals glued to them? Thanks for your help guys/gals!

I like emerald crabs never had a problem with them and good lil workers. Take the rock out put it in a bucket of tank water and scrub it. The frag will be fine.

Hmm... Noted! :)

You're up early today :)

Just be careful with the phosguard and make sure you do the "pre-soak" prior to inserting it into your system. When first exposed to water, it gets *hot*.

With readings as low as yours, you shouldn't have any problem getting them to zero. It brought the phosphate in one of my freshwater tanks from > 10 to almost zero in 3 days.

You're up early today :)

Just be careful with the phosguard and make sure you do the "pre-soak" prior to inserting it into your system. When first exposed to water, it gets *hot*.

With readings as low as yours, you shouldn't have any problem getting them to zero. It brought the phosphate in one of my freshwater tanks from > 10 to almost zero in 3 days.

Haha! It's only 7:30 here! :) already have the coffee at hand... Checked out the tank and I'm ready for the day! Too bad it's my day off and I'm up and at em'! :/ I rather be sleeping!!!

Question: does the phosguard just mask the issue or does it deal with it somehow? Is this something that I have to remove after a certain amount of time? I guess I can look at the instructions. But if it will help... I'm game. Anything to take an other trip to lfs! :)

Haha! It's only 7:30 here! :) already have the coffee at hand... Checked out the tank and I'm ready for the day! Too bad it's my day off and I'm up and at em'! :/ I rather be sleeping!!!

Question: does the phosguard just mask the issue or does it deal with it somehow? Is this something that I have to remove after a certain amount of time? I guess I can look at the instructions. But if it will help... I'm game. Anything to take an other trip to lfs! :)

I was up at 1AM when our AC died :( Didn't get into work till 9:30, and won't be going home till 7 tonight :( But, tomorrow is my off day. Time to fix the tractor and work on the fish before I head to Florida for work next week.

Phosguard will remove the phosphate from the tank. After that, it's up to you to keep it from being re-introduced.

The instructions state to keep it in for 4 days at a time, and that if it doesn't work, you probably have something else keeping the levels up. Seachem. PhosGuard has the details.

So I am pretty sure I have ich! A couple days ago I noticed my blue tang with a few spots on her body. Come tonight there were several. I notice that the power blue tang is also showing signs of ich. Granted I just put them back in their tank less than three weeks ago I don't want to stress them out even more. Obviously copper isn't a solution bc I have coral. I'm afraid that all my fish will get it. I should have went with my gut and QT my latest additions. So I'm beginning to think that most of the fish inherited are rather large and not in ample room for themselves. Even though I'd love to keep these fish. I don't want to house them and keep battling diseases or see their growth stunt. I feel really bad. :( how do I treat this without stressing them more? They are all eating. So their health is well. Also, I found a lot of white specs on the back of my tank. Kind of looks like ich. Little tiny white specs. Is that possible that they are on the walls of the tank too? Or am I just seeing things? It looks like a dark night with a bunch of stars out. Kind of bummed about this. I can't get a sufficient picture of the blue tang. It's too fast. But all of the pictures ive seen it looks like that. There also scratching and swimming fast. I need to rehome them as soon as I can get them a good home. :(

image-1551307643.jpg
The back of the wall... Tiny white spots.

There's some stuff made by Kordon-it's suppose to be a herbal ich treatment safe for reefs. I've never used mine, so I have no idea how well it works. Pet smart carried it. Hope this helps oh yeah I always start dosing garlic when my fish ever start acting out of the norm.

Back
Top Bottom