Made out like a bandit!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't recall if you have coral or not...but in a short term power outage you aren't worried about the lighting, you are more worried about keeping the water circulated to keep oxygen in and CO2 out. My tank went a full day without the light without issue.

Yes I have coral... I turned on both power heads with the generator we have. Will that be enough? Or should I somehow get the return pump to work?

Don't worry about the stump. Just keep water moving in your display. Even one of them would be beneficial, but both is better. Make sure the water surface is being broken for as much oxygen possible.

Hey guys so we got a huge generator to see if the tank can run off of it but for some reason when I plug the skimmer or the return to the generator it will not work. Everything else is fine but that. It has plenty of power but no joy in it working. Wondering if I just fried my skimmer and return pump... Good thing I have a back up skimmer pump. Problem is I don't have a back up on my return pump. So far I almost lost my QT tank. I forgot about it and just got it hooked up. Poor copper band had no surface agitation. :/ he looks ok... But he went a few hours without it. Tank is okay. Don't want to risk the lights blowing out on me so I'll wait until tonight to plug it in.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/...0-7A57-41B2-AEAA-E66D3703636A_zpshns3qqny.jpg

Haven't shared a FTS lately... So here it is... I have two clown fish, three chromis, a blue damsel and a yellow tang. After the disaster that wiped out my tank I am happy to report that I'm still in love with this hobby! Wish I could get a bigger tank!!

So far RO/DI should be here tomorrow and wondering what type of salt to use... Any suggestions?

What lights are you running? Tank looks amazing! Love the corals! Love everything!

Thanks Fishman!! I run an AquaticLife T5 HO 6 bulbs with lunar LED's...

Almost gave up on the tank a few months ago and decided that I couldn't let go. Had to much money invested in the tank and I figured I could get the tank the way I wanted it. Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it heaps! :)

Man those lights are doing a great job! In the far right is that a duncan or xenia?

@bribro it's totally a beast! :)

@Fishman those are pulsing Xenia's. Can you tell they are overtaking the tank? They went from one rock to the other rock in a matter of days. Thing grows like crazy! Going to start fragging them soon or else they'll take over.

@bribro it's totally a beast! :)

@Fishman those are pulsing Xenia's. Can you tell they are overtaking the tank? They went from one rock to the other rock in a matter of days. Thing grows like crazy! Going to start fragging them soon or else they'll take over.

Yeah i was leaning toward xenia, ive never seen a duncan that big with my own eyes. I almost got some but decided to get some more magician zoas instead. Glad i chose the zoas but now im haveing trouple with them as they think they can overtake my colony of ricordea mushrooms, which will never happen as it is about 6-7 inches and covers 2-3 rocks. And the zoas are only 2-3 inches and trying to fight their way up onto the rock with little force to back them up.

Yeah i was leaning toward xenia, ive never seen a duncan that big with my own eyes. I almost got some but decided to get some more magician zoas instead. Glad i chose the zoas but now im haveing trouple with them as they think they can overtake my colony of ricordea mushrooms, which will never happen as it is about 6-7 inches and covers 2-3 rocks. And the zoas are only 2-3 inches and trying to fight their way up onto the rock with little force to back them up.

I love zoas! That's my next thing to place in the tank. I have a few on a rock... But they are still growing... Had a banner fish at one point and it tore up my zoas. They are finally recovering from the madness.

I love zoas! That's my next thing to place in the tank. I have a few on a rock... But they are still growing... Had a banner fish at one point and it tore up my zoas. They are finally recovering from the madness.

Yeah they are awesome until they start taking over, in my case though they dont have a chance. The magicians are the only ones who have tried to take over, the others just stick to their own territories but have also made expansion towards the ricordeas as they are blocking most of the light. I have some pallys on the same rock as the ricordeas but they have been destroyed by the shrooms.

Back
Top Bottom