Made out like a bandit!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Earlier this week I was cleaning out some culpera off my live rock and I gently moved my rock on its side and I'm not sure what happened between then and now... But the last couple of days I've notice my nem look horrid. Never seen it so small. Usually it takes up most of the rock work... Does it look like it's turning inside out? I'm worried that it will nuke everything... This is day four since I've cleaned. The only thing I can think of is that there's something lodged into its mouth but I'd figure it would come out after a day or two. So far the tentacles don't look shriveled up but still... This is concerning... Especially bc it's usually huge...

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/...E-C033-4092-AFED-15C3ED712416_zpszaaejyu0.jpg

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/...4-C968-4067-A58A-8A52C4CC7BFF_zpscnfo4e8m.jpg

It looks green... So it may have just been a piece of the calupera. Thanks for the tip. I'll get on that water change tonight. :)

I don't know how loud that standpipe with the holes in it will be. Everything else looks ok, though I would probably just keep the returns close to the surface and point them down or drill a siphon break just below the water surface rather than rely on a check valve. They tend to fail in marine systems due to all sorts of funky stuff being able to grow in total darkness.
Why would you need to change your return pump?

Wasn't sure if the flow rate on the pipes would change or stay the same if I was going schedule 40... The standpipe is already there. I'm not sure on the diameter of it... I'll have to measure it once I get home. :)

Aquarium tear down time!!! Not looking forward to it. I should have started this the first time around but I was to eager to get it started. Douching everything with elbow grease and vinegar... Going to seriously go through every nook and crany to get this tank free from apstasia! I would rinse the sand and put it in the tank again but I don't know if those monsters will show up again. I don't want to risk it either. Plan on switching to LED's once tax season comes along or I save up a few grand. Lol. Figure I can have my QT tank set up with LED's and it would be easier to transition from the QT tank to the display tank. It's going to be a lot of work. Temporary my fish will end up in a 20 gallon for now. So far 2 clowns and three damsels. One damsel is getting evicted. He bites me every time I put my hand in the tank. Gerrr... So I think I may sell the rock on Craigslist after it's been fully dried out. Figure it would dry out in California pretty quickly especially after hitting 90's and 100's here. Not sure what to do with my corals... Total mess.. Glad I'm not giving up this hobby but ive came close to it because of this aptasia. :/

Don't give up!!

See if an LFS will hold on to your corals if you explain what's going on. Or maybe grab a small tank from Petco (they're doing dollar per gallon now I think) and use it for them...

The problem is lighting... I only have my 48 inch light that fits my tank. Not sure where to house them all unless I have a long QT tank. I went and bought a new 20 to fit the extra stand I have. I don't think I can get away with an other tank. Lol. I'll get kicked out fish and all. I'll call around see if a lfs will house them for a bit... Idk if that will work though.

Ok figured it out... But will it be sufficient... So what I'm going to do is save a few corals and cut and chisel them off the rock it's placed on. Problem is I won't have enough beneficial bacteria in the QT tank set up. So I'm thinking I can place a few rocks that are not badly covered in aptasia and maintain it with aptasia x temporarily while I get everything with the display tank set up. Figure a good dip in Coral RX and inspection of no aptasia I should be ok... Eventually trying to get everything to the way I want it. My light's feet can move so I can place it on the 20 gallon... I think... Lol. This is going to be a lot of work ahead of me! But I have to try to get it done before I give up.

Back
Top Bottom