Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 07-29-2013, 06:26 PM   #331
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquamandan View Post

Love blue damsels and yellow tangs. What about a foxface?
Fox face tend to be with caution as well. I wouldn't mind a fox face instead of tang. Do you have a foxface? If so does it do well with your reef? Just curious

Old 07-29-2013, 06:43 PM   #332
Aquarium Advice Addict

how about something like Bluehead Fairy Wrasse

When I was diving on the Great Barrier Reef, it was amazing to watch these guys graze on the live rock...you could actually hear the "crunch" as they chewed away.

Old 07-29-2013, 06:57 PM   #333
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmolavi View Post
how about something like Bluehead Fairy Wrasse

When I was diving on the Great Barrier Reef, it was amazing to watch these guys graze on the live rock...you could actually hear the "crunch" as they chewed away.
Deff love me some wrasses!!! didn't think about getting a wrasse. Hmmm... Thanks for tip Dari!
Old 07-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #334
Aquarium Advice Addict

Glad to be of service, ma'am <tips hat>
Old 07-29-2013, 07:02 PM   #335
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Glad to be of service, ma'am <tips hat>
Thank you kind sir gentle man! lol.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:13 PM   #336
Aquarium Advice Freak

Maybe someone can help with this... I've had my parameters show up really low recently and I've been slowly adding 2ML of red sea's reef foundation to increase CA, MG and Kh. I increased it by 1ML this week. So a total of 3ML's. I carefully wanted to raise everything. It seems that the LFS water is very low in salt and all the necessary KH and CA. Obviously, the reaction would be to switch salts but I'm not making my own water. I run to the fish store and well, its more convenient at the moment.

I've read up on kalkwasser... Can I add Kalkwasser with the ABC's of reef foundation? Or should I slowly diminish the ABC and start kalkwasser in my ATO? I don't have my parameters on me at the moment ( currently at work) but they are really low from what I remember.

The RO/DI will have to wait for at least until we make room in the garage and figure out where we will place the darn thing with the two containers.

Also, I have the NO3PO4x red seas algae stuff... When can I dose this? Do I wait 10 minutes after dosing the others or should I just wait until the ABC's are done? I can't find this information anywhere online. Red Sea doesn't seem to elaborate on directions. Gerrrr... Thanks for the help in advance for the sound advice guys!! Really appreciate it.
Old 07-30-2013, 09:08 AM   #337
Aquarium Advice Addict

Kalk is used to maintain your Ca and alkalinity levels, not raise them. You need to get them to the appropriate levels first, then use the kalk to keep them there (add it to your ATO water).
Old 07-30-2013, 11:15 AM   #338
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldfishJoey View Post

Fox face tend to be with caution as well. I wouldn't mind a fox face instead of tang. Do you have a foxface? If so does it do well with your reef? Just curious
My foxface hasn't touched the first coral in my tank. He will try to steal the mysis from my wellso brain if I don't feed him first but he's been a great addition to my tank. They change into PJs at night when the lights go out. He finds a hole and wedges himself in there with his fins and sleeps all night.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:43 PM   #339
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Kalk is used to maintain your Ca and alkalinity levels, not raise them. You need to get them to the appropriate levels first, then use the kalk to keep them there (add it to your ATO water).
Now that makes sense! Apparently I didn't do all that much research. Lol.
Old 07-30-2013, 03:46 PM   #340
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tkey3425 View Post

My foxface hasn't touched the first coral in my tank. He will try to steal the mysis from my wellso brain if I don't feed him first but he's been a great addition to my tank. They change into PJs at night when the lights go out. He finds a hole and wedges himself in there with his fins and sleeps all night.
Haha... Sweet. Well, I will give it some thought and see if its something I want to deal with. It just means I have to fatten my foxface so he won't take an interest in my corals. Still, need to think about it. It just may end up being a yellow tang considering they do okay in a 100 gallon. I just hate to deal with an ich breakout or any other illness for that matter.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com