Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-03-2013, 09:49 PM   #381
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishman007 View Post
Yeah they are awesome until they start taking over, in my case though they dont have a chance. The magicians are the only ones who have tried to take over, the others just stick to their own territories but have also made expansion towards the ricordeas as they are blocking most of the light. I have some pallys on the same rock as the ricordeas but they have been destroyed by the shrooms.
Nice. Love to see pics of them!

Old 12-03-2013, 11:15 PM   #382
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Tank is amazing, great job!

Old 12-03-2013, 11:44 PM   #383
Aquarium Advice Freak

Glad to see you didn't get discouraged and give up.
Old 12-03-2013, 11:54 PM   #384
Aquarium Advice Freak

Thanks guys!

I'm glad I didn't. It was a long hard battle. I'm still working on getting the tank the way I want it. I need way more rock... I want to expand my sump... Redo the plumbing.. I want to put LED's in the sump... Have a list of products I still want. Little by little it's getting there. So far I'm happy with how it's turning out but it's still a lot of want. I swear I need a second job for this hobby. Haha... At least just so I could buy all the awesome things I want to get for the tank. Haha
Old 12-04-2013, 12:05 AM   #385
Aquarium Advice Freak

Hahaha I hear you, takes forever to get your wish list for these dang tanks. What brand of a generator did you use? One of my must haves, Hondas are awesome, but not sure if I want to shell out that much moolaw
Old 12-04-2013, 12:40 AM   #386
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronin77 View Post
Hahaha I hear you, takes forever to get your wish list for these dang tanks. What brand of a generator did you use? One of my must haves, Hondas are awesome, but not sure if I want to shell out that much moolaw
We have a small Honda and we borrowed my parents generator which was also a Honda. We found out the reason behind why they didn't work. I guess the power from the generator wasn't clean enough to power the pumps... Whatever that means... My bf talked to the electricians at his job and they said something like that. I'd have to get a UPS to clean up the power from the generator to the pumps apparently a generator isn't steady enough to power them. From what I understand the wattage on both generators were sufficient for it Idk if all that is true but with two of them not working I'd say it's a logical explanation for it. So we got a ups and have yet to try it. .

Sorry, I'm not to keen on electrical stuff... But as long as the power heads run and I'm not out of power for more than a day. I think I should be okay.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:49 AM   #387
Aquarium Advice Freak

Is your pump big? my tanks a baby compared to yours, mines only 54g corner with a mag 7 pump
Old 12-04-2013, 01:01 AM   #388
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Is your pump big? my tanks a baby compared to yours, mines only 54g corner with a mag 7 pump
To be honest I don't remember what GPH the return is but it's pretty big. The generator wouldn't turn on my skimmer either and the skimmer isn't that big of a pump. So idk. I inherited this tank. Still needs a lot of work. Need to buy a replacement return pump incase that goes out too. Ugh! More $$$... Hahaha... It never fails.
Old 12-04-2013, 01:07 AM   #389
Aquarium Advice Freak

Funny you said that, the pump that came with my tank used was a Mag5 till it crapped out. That movie Never Ending Story should be about hobbyists and their reef tanks!!! Lol
Old 12-04-2013, 01:54 AM   #390
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Funny you said that, the pump that came with my tank used was a Mag5 till it crapped out. That movie Never Ending Story should be about hobbyists and their reef tanks!!! Lol
Hahaha.. No kidding!!

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com