Made out like a bandit!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's a really good price for live rock.

Also con gave great advice regarding rock then sand method. It is what I did with my tank as well.

Thanks big banker! I only had 50 # of rock from the original tank so I'm getting 50 more from the lfs dude. I shopped around and it just seems its a really good deal and the rock really looks good! I'm buying my water from him and stuff. So I'm already dishing out quite a bit in cash. :/ but it will all be worth it when I'm done. :)

Yeah, I agree. That convict guy has awesome advice all the time! :)

Question: can someone break this down for me. Bc I have live rock entering the tank do I still have to wait for the tank to cycle before I place any fish in the tank? Bear with me... I know about cycling just not when it comes to saltwater. I've been doing reading and there's mixed information as to yes you can put livestock and no. But considering this tech was a transfer but I cleaned all the gooey stuff does that restart everything or do I go through a mini-cycle?

Question: can someone break this down for me. Bc I have live rock entering the tank do I still have to wait for the tank to cycle before I place any fish in the tank? Bear with me... I know about cycling just not when it comes to saltwater. I've been doing reading and there's mixed information as to yes you can put livestock and no. But considering this tech was a transfer but I cleaned all the gooey stuff does that restart everything or do I go through a mini-cycle?

Yes the tank still has to cycle. I would hold off for a few weeks and keep checking your parameters.

The lr from the lfs will probably cause a ammonia spike. I added like 5 lbs once and had a small spike with 50lbs that could be fairly high. Hopefully it's quick!!

All tanks are different and with adding stuff already cycle maybe yours will be minimal! Just test and hopefully it's short or nonexistance.

image-3986103180.jpg

Ok, let's do this!!! :) first water test done yesterday. Will check on the phosphates tonight... Whoop whoop!!! I think I may hold off on the LR purchase for a week or two... My wallet is getting a little slim. :( I think I've dished out $800 already... Either I need to sell my old stuff or just wait a while before putting more rock and aquascaping. Ahhhh I can't wait!!! I'm so excited! :)

Ok, so this isn't my 100 gallon tank. This is the temp tank I've been holding the fish in temporarily until my tank cycles. These are the fish, corals and stuff I inherited. Can you guys ID these things for me? So I can acquaint myself with them. I read up on the fish already... Except for the spotted one that goes in circles all the time. What the heck is that fish? It's pretty cool!

image-4167193759.jpg

Awesome clam! :)

image-1697332841.jpg

Anemone and two clowns... :)

image-1657649096.jpg

Brain coral right? And doreee... Lol

image-1284235721.jpg

Don't know what these are...

image-826140881.jpg

Same for these... Clueless... I think that one bubbly green thing is a anemone right?

image-1599114792.jpg

Three of those light blue fish...

image-3234838595.jpg

Don't know what the crazy dot fish is...

I will post a pic of the tank tomorrow... It's coming. Along nicely. :)

Congrats looks good!! Lol the spotted one is a wrasse, but I suck not sure which one. The green coral imo looks like a hammer or frogspawn coral. But maybe it is an anemone, hard to tell.

Back
Top Bottom