Made out like a bandit!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Nah just keep feeding down and make sure you are fully cycled. If you can keep a few fish happy in the other tank for a week or two then go for it but wont make a big difference in my eyes

You did a really great job!! You should be proud of yourself. Nice clam, mine is my favorite of all tank mates!!!!!

You did a really great job!! You should be proud of yourself. Nice clam, mine is my favorite of all tank mates!!!!!

Thanks Daniel! You have an awesome looking tank yourself!!! Just checked out your clam! Wow it looks amazing! Question: do the clams need to be on a rock or just elevated from the sand? Or can you place them on the sand?

Depends on the clam, mine I placed a rock under him so I could move it around to find his happy place and now it's slowly sliding off but Clammy is happy. Watch your alk and cal levels for their growth. Your clam is Awesone he or she would be placed in the sand some need to be placed higher and some like the rocks. Your is a sand lover. I seen one like yours at my lfs Fri it was tempting but I didn't maybe this weekend.you have to name it!

Depends on the clam, mine I placed a rock under him so I could move it around to find his happy place and now it's slowly sliding off but Clammy is happy. Watch your alk and cal levels for their growth. Your clam is Awesone he or she would be placed in the sand some need to be placed higher and some like the rocks. Your is a sand lover. I seen one like yours at my lfs Fri it was tempting but I didn't maybe this weekend.you have to name it!

This probably will be a retarded question but how do you check the calcium and alkalinity? I have some Red Sea test kits that I have no clue how to use... I've always used API's test kits. I will deff keep an eye on him/her. I haven't named my fish nor any of my stuff. Worked my butt off these past couple of weeks with inventory at work, the tank, helping my parents at their shop it's been madness that I got sick. :( so I haven't had a chance to name them yet. I named my goldfish after coffee names. Latte, Bean, java chip, espresso, chai jr. And shark the fish (I didn't name him obviously). :) so we will see how these fish go as far as names. My dogs names are mocha and cappuccino. So we may change it all up.

I use API for calcium it's been good for me and seanaylis it's a Fl brand for alk. You have to be a good little reef keeper and read the directions idk nothing about redsea kits. I'm sure you will figure it out once you do it's cake. Love your coffee names. I like me some coffee and red bull. I have four dogs one is named Fishy!Our new clam is named Neptune!

I use API for calcium it's been good for me and seanaylis it's a Fl brand for alk. You have to be a good little reef keeper and read the directions idk nothing about redsea kits. I'm sure you will figure it out once you do it's cake. Love your coffee names. I like me some coffee and red bull. I have four dogs one is named Fishy!Our new clam is named Neptune!

So you got a new clam? Nice!! :) four dogs? Wow that's a lot of dogs. We have three. My bf daughter brought a rescue home so we took him in. Picking up dog poop is madness here... Can't imagine having four dogs!

So you got a new clam? Nice!! :) four dogs? Wow that's a lot of dogs. We have three. My bf daughter brought a rescue home so we took him in. Picking up dog poop is madness here... Can't imagine having four dogs!

Funny!! 4 chihuahuas, started with two had puppies couldn't get rid of them so 4 now. 1 male and he's fixed no more!!!!!

image-1004683721.jpg

image-3893491168.jpg

image-2155942121.jpg

image-4035816827.jpg

image-4035816827.jpg

image-3665083846.jpg

image-587076908.jpg

image-26491987.jpg

Happy camper!!! :) so far everything looks good. Transferred them in last night and everyone transitioned pretty peacefully.

Question: how often does everyone have to top off their tank? It seems like I'm losing a little over a gallon a day. Does that seem right?

There are a few factors that determine evap. Surface area, temp, open top or closed, sump, skimmer and flo thru sump etc. I have a 4'x1.5' 110 gal tank at 78 F and I also loose about 1 gal per day. ATO in sump keeps me happy.

Back
Top Bottom