Made out like a bandit!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I put a clean up crew in couple hermits some turbo snails some emralds and a diamond goby the sifter ones and it toke care of it

Can anyone tell my why I have these bubbles collecting around this thing? Not sure what its called but I have them around that and my birds nest... They are clear. Doesn't look green like bubble algae. So I'm assuming its oxygen? Am I being overly cautious on things?

image-1630104880.jpg

It's just on these two things and a little on LR... It's kind of weird. There's no bubbles entering the system. Don't understand where these guys are coming from

Is the red stuff slimely? Looks like red slime Cyanobacteria. does it come off easy. If so put them in a bucket with tank water and remove it turkey baster or tooth brush lightly.

Is the red stuff slimely? Looks like red slime Cyanobacteria. does it come off easy. If so put them in a bucket with tank water and remove it turkey baster or tooth brush lightly.

Hmm I didn't think about that. I was more concerned over the bubbles around it. But come to think of it the three objects with the bubble problem all have that red look. I thought they just came that way.

Going to go over it with a toothbrush . Doesn't seem like any of my rock have it. But then again these things were in the 30 gallon while the rock stayed in a Rubbermaid tote. We had the light pretty close so maybe that was too much lighting for it so it bloomed somehow. Not sure.

How come no one told me just how stinky this hobby is? Goodness... These fish are discussing!!! Had to clean the skimmer yesterday and I almost threw chunks! I made out alive... But man was that stinky!!! :) lol

Something's are best for you to find out on your own!!!!!! But you did a great job on the tank.

Haha... Thanks! :) I'm still working on it. Just figuring this stuff out. Wondering if I'll make it out alive. But the fish are doing great! Everyone is in good shape. Pretty happy. It's going to be a while before I start putting more rock. Deff want to put a lot more in there. So maybe little by little. :) thanks for all your help! I really appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom