Made out like a bandit!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tell him the tangs are mean and beat up other fish (they're semi aggressive). Grammas are peaceful, and their color can't be beat :)

Gammas are kind of small huh? :/ I think I rather have one larger fish in the tank. At least one. Can't think of anything that are compatible with a reef tank. Anyone with ideas?

Coral beauty. Dwarf angel. They are with caution, but mine doesn't touch my sps.

I don't know. I really love the look for both coral beauty and a dwarf angel but I'm hesitant to get either because of my reef and clam. Not sure how I'd feel about them getting pestered. I had that problem with my banner fish. Tore up my acans and zoas! :/ not sure I want to endure that again.

Flame angels are nice, not sure about how good they are w/ reefs though.

I believe they are reef safe with caution. I think I'm done with the caution ones... Lol. I started giving my banner fish nori and it tore it up but still nipped at the corals. I rather keep my corals and clam safe from any fish. I just may have to figure this one out...

have you tried PE Mysis shrimp? mine LOVE that stuff.

I haven't tried it. Ill give it a whirl when I get around to getting fish in the tank. In the meantime I just have my new life spectrum for now. Ill see if my lfs has it this week when I go in. :)

My LFS wasn't listed as a retailer, but they sell it. Even my freshwater guys love it as a treat.

I do feel bad giving it to my cleaner shrimp though...it's like he's being a little cannibal :) (Yeah, I know that fish food is made with fish, too)...

Hey thanks Dari! I appreciate it. I'm still not sure if I want to do a lemon tang, a yellow tang or what. All the minimum req differ on those 70/100 on live aquaria. Not sure if I want to subject my tank to anything with a thin slime coat.

For now this is what I have :

4x blue green chromis
1x blue damsel

Debating on keeping the damsel as it is very hard to catch and not to mention aggressive/territorial.

Here's what I want:
2x clowns (debating on having just one)

He wants: a yellow tang
(since I wouldn't let him get an other banner fish.)
Trying to convince him of getting a royal gamma instead,

Love blue damsels and yellow tangs. What about a foxface?

how about something like Bluehead Fairy Wrasse

When I was diving on the Great Barrier Reef, it was amazing to watch these guys graze on the live rock...you could actually hear the "crunch" as they chewed away.

Maybe someone can help with this... I've had my parameters show up really low recently and I've been slowly adding 2ML of red sea's reef foundation to increase CA, MG and Kh. I increased it by 1ML this week. So a total of 3ML's. I carefully wanted to raise everything. It seems that the LFS water is very low in salt and all the necessary KH and CA. Obviously, the reaction would be to switch salts but I'm not making my own water. I run to the fish store and well, its more convenient at the moment.

I've read up on kalkwasser... Can I add Kalkwasser with the ABC's of reef foundation? Or should I slowly diminish the ABC and start kalkwasser in my ATO? I don't have my parameters on me at the moment ( currently at work) but they are really low from what I remember.

The RO/DI will have to wait for at least until we make room in the garage and figure out where we will place the darn thing with the two containers.

Also, I have the NO3PO4x red seas algae stuff... When can I dose this? Do I wait 10 minutes after dosing the others or should I just wait until the ABC's are done? I can't find this information anywhere online. Red Sea doesn't seem to elaborate on directions. Gerrrr... Thanks for the help in advance for the sound advice guys!! Really appreciate it.

Kalk is used to maintain your Ca and alkalinity levels, not raise them. You need to get them to the appropriate levels first, then use the kalk to keep them there (add it to your ATO water).

Fox face tend to be with caution as well. I wouldn't mind a fox face instead of tang. Do you have a foxface? If so does it do well with your reef? Just curious

My foxface hasn't touched the first coral in my tank. He will try to steal the mysis from my wellso brain if I don't feed him first but he's been a great addition to my tank. They change into PJs at night when the lights go out. He finds a hole and wedges himself in there with his fins and sleeps all night.

Kalk is used to maintain your Ca and alkalinity levels, not raise them. You need to get them to the appropriate levels first, then use the kalk to keep them there (add it to your ATO water).

Now that makes sense! Apparently I didn't do all that much research. Lol.

My foxface hasn't touched the first coral in my tank. He will try to steal the mysis from my wellso brain if I don't feed him first but he's been a great addition to my tank. They change into PJs at night when the lights go out. He finds a hole and wedges himself in there with his fins and sleeps all night.

Haha... Sweet. Well, I will give it some thought and see if its something I want to deal with. It just means I have to fatten my foxface so he won't take an interest in my corals. Still, need to think about it. It just may end up being a yellow tang considering they do okay in a 100 gallon. I just hate to deal with an ich breakout or any other illness for that matter.

Back
Top Bottom