Made out like a bandit!! :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah they are awesome until they start taking over, in my case though they dont have a chance. The magicians are the only ones who have tried to take over, the others just stick to their own territories but have also made expansion towards the ricordeas as they are blocking most of the light. I have some pallys on the same rock as the ricordeas but they have been destroyed by the shrooms.

Nice. Love to see pics of them! :)

Thanks guys! :)

I'm glad I didn't. It was a long hard battle. I'm still working on getting the tank the way I want it. I need way more rock... I want to expand my sump... Redo the plumbing.. I want to put LED's in the sump... Have a list of products I still want. Little by little it's getting there. So far I'm happy with how it's turning out but it's still a lot of want. I swear I need a second job for this hobby. Haha... At least just so I could buy all the awesome things I want to get for the tank. Haha

Hahaha I hear you, takes forever to get your wish list for these dang tanks. What brand of a generator did you use? One of my must haves, Hondas are awesome, but not sure if I want to shell out that much moolaw

Hahaha I hear you, takes forever to get your wish list for these dang tanks. What brand of a generator did you use? One of my must haves, Hondas are awesome, but not sure if I want to shell out that much moolaw

We have a small Honda and we borrowed my parents generator which was also a Honda. We found out the reason behind why they didn't work. I guess the power from the generator wasn't clean enough to power the pumps... Whatever that means... My bf talked to the electricians at his job and they said something like that. I'd have to get a UPS to clean up the power from the generator to the pumps apparently a generator isn't steady enough to power them. From what I understand the wattage on both generators were sufficient for it Idk if all that is true but with two of them not working I'd say it's a logical explanation for it. So we got a ups and have yet to try it. .

Sorry, I'm not to keen on electrical stuff... But as long as the power heads run and I'm not out of power for more than a day. I think I should be okay. :)

Is your pump big? my tanks a baby compared to yours, mines only 54g corner with a mag 7 pump

To be honest I don't remember what GPH the return is but it's pretty big. The generator wouldn't turn on my skimmer either and the skimmer isn't that big of a pump. So idk. I inherited this tank. Still needs a lot of work. Need to buy a replacement return pump incase that goes out too. Ugh! More $$$... Hahaha... It never fails.

Funny you said that, the pump that came with my tank used was a Mag5 till it crapped out. That movie Never Ending Story should be about hobbyists and their reef tanks!!! Lol

I paid $300 for my used 125 setup, put over 2g into it just in upgrades, and im spending another grand in january upgrading lighting and a controller... It truly never ends

I don't know about that... Eventually the tank just runs itself. Upgrading after that is just a learned and addictive behavior. Can be addressed with needs vs wants therapy, just like narcotics. Doesn't make wanting those vortechs any less hard though!

Thanks guys! :)

I'm glad I didn't. It was a long hard battle. I'm still working on getting the tank the way I want it. I need way more rock... I want to expand my sump... Redo the plumbing.. I want to put LED's in the sump... Have a list of products I still want. Little by little it's getting there. So far I'm happy with how it's turning out but it's still a lot of want. I swear I need a second job for this hobby. Haha... At least just so I could buy all the awesome things I want to get for the tank. Haha

What happend?

What happend?

Fishman I lost all but my blue damsel to what I thought was ich but it was marine velvet. Fish died within two days... One after the other... I was going to swap my fish out to my lfs and I lagged on it and as a result it wiped out my tank. I lost hope after that. It took me a couple of months to get back into it. I was disappointed about it all... Long story short I got a tickle to get back on track and QT any fish prior to entering my DT. Lesson learned.

Fishman I lost all but my blue damsel to what I thought was ich but it was marine velvet. Fish died within two days... One after the other... I was going to swap my fish out to my lfs and I lagged on it and as a result it wiped out my tank. I lost hope after that. It took me a couple of months to get back into it. I was disappointed about it all... Long story short I got a tickle to get back on track and QT any fish prior to entering my DT. Lesson learned.

Sorry for your losses :(. After a few rounds of ich in my 37 i decided to always QT new fish and it helps me sleep at night knowing that i wont wake up next morning to an infestation.

Back
Top Bottom