Majestic Angel is dead too! Im about to give up...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BUT then someone on another site said that Ich can attach to LR and shells too! I am so confused!!!
Ich can "land on these, but does not feed off of them. Leave the tank fallow for 6-8 weeks, the ich will starve and die.
I agree with afilter, I don't believe it is wise to medicate your main. Those meds might be invert safe, but what happens when you have to use a different kind of med for something else and they mix.....?
I think, since you have such beautiful tank, you should get a QT and have that read for when you buy new fish. This will end up saving you a lot of money and heart ache.

Oh oh, LFS said that I really don't need to turn on the lights in my tank for the next 6-8 weeks..they said that will help with getting rid of the ich?

TRUE?

Never heard of this for ich, algea problems yes. If you have LR and want to get your coraline going you will need some light. I would cut back to 6-8 hourd a day to save energy maybe.

I agree with afilter. Just cut back your lighting a couple hours a day. I've never heard of turning your lights off for ich though. Either way if it does or doesn't I'd still give it 8 weeks to make sure that it is gone with no questions.

Ok, another dumb question but I have to ask..

What if I siphon out and remove ALLl of the water in my tank, leave the LR in there. Put my inverts in bucket of my water when I do it..and put in a brand new batch of water, all 80 gallons and put the inverts back in the new water?

If the ich cannot live without fish and cannot attach to LR I would think that would make sense. Then maybe I don't have to wait 2 monthes. I do risk hurting my inverts but I can easily catch them and put them carefully in a 'holding tank' while I fill up with new, fresh salt water.

hmmm

I don't think that will really work. I believe you won't be able to get rid of ich that way. There are probably so many in/on the rock/sand and everything else, that it would be hard to wipe them all out. The safest way is to sit back, relax and plan, while you are waiting.

Believe me, there will be ick still on the "wet" rock or sand I think, It's not worth chancing IMO. It's not like the ick will wash away with the old water and be completely gone.

8 weeks.

I agree that it wont work. The only possible way for it to work is if you completely dried everything out for a week or so. But IMO its not worth it and that isnt even a guarantee. Just relax, the 8 weeks will go by in no time! :) Just do A LOT of research on what you are going to put in there in the mean time. I know its hard to wait but trust me, its going to be worth it and you will very happy in the end!

Back
Top Bottom