Major issue?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gleach

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My return pump stalled out and my doser kept dosing just in my sump area. Yes, I know, I shouldn't have been dosing in my sump lesson learned. So now that I repaired the pump and rerouted the doser what explains the ph level going from 7.30 to 10.65? How can I stabilize it? Should I worry? I did a 10% w/c. What should I do?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I don't think it's a bad idea at all dosing in the sump. As a matter of fact i would rather do so. I'd rethink the return pump. Perhaps buy a better one or use two smaller ones.
Right now I'd do a huge water change in the sump.

I just did a 10 gallon but I'm going to have my buddy bring me 15 more gallons and I'm going to recal my probe.

Okay tested with api ph is 8.4 if api correct.

May I ask why you are chasing ph? That is the least of my concerns in my tank. I tried to chase perfect ph once, thinking mine was too low, and ended up killing some coral and stressing everything out. Aiming a powerhead at the top of the tank to bring in oxygen keeps everything cool.

No I was concerned because my return pump stalled and my ph shifted. I think the probe just happened to go bad symotaniously but I'm still not 100% sure just based on the look of my coral everything is looking okay.

Back
Top Bottom