Making the change

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BGK21

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi,
I have 3 freshwater tanks and am going to convert my 30 gallon tall to a FOWLR. I don't know enough about setting up a reef tank so i want to test the waters first and see how it goes. I have been researching some but am now just getting serious about it. Any advice? Any thoughts on a stocking list. I was thinking of a lionfish as the staple but am afraid the tanks to small. Thanks on advance.

Exciting! We're considering the same thing so I don't have any words of advice but, rather, want to follow along with the convo. Good luck!

You will hear it over and over!!! Go slowly.

FOWLR isn't hard once you get thehang of mixing water.

Maybe you can do a dwarf lion.

I will be moving in a couple of months. Would it be worth making the change now and cycle so i have the hang of it when i move? Is it hard to move a saltwater tank?

30 gallons is too small for a volitan lionfish, you might be able to do a dwarf fuzzy, or a Fu manchu, but should probably go a little bigger.on the tank since it's a 30 tall, not long.
I've been wanting to do a fowlr for a dwarf for a while, but never seem to be able to budget the extra money

Back
Top Bottom