Making the jump from fresh to salt: 20-30 g fowlr

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks Corey! The plan is to add some corals after 6 months or so once everything is well established.

I did have a little scare this morning... One of the clowns was laying on the sand. I think I might have had too much flow (2 x 600 gph koralias plus the sump return so I turned off one of the koralias. He is back up and swimming around again so that is good. :)

I’d suggest having one of the powerheads lower down in the tank, but still pointed up. This will help with gunk not settling.
Thanks! The one on the right is off now anyway, it was too much flow I think... I have 2 nano koralia nanos I can use so I can use one of those and put it below the other one towards the bottom. It will be a cleaner aesthetic to have them all on the same side anyway.

I have noticed that the clowns like to swim up to the top and ride the power head current, very funny to watch. The dottyback hides a lot and digs/spits out the sand the way my cichlids do :)

Thanks! Just added 2 x cleaner shrimp today. Thinking about adding a lawnmower blenny? Ok with current stocking of 2x shrimp, 2x clowns and an orchid dottyback? Reef safe?

Attachments

• 20181022_224539.jpg
    20181022_224539.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 20181022_224501.jpg
    20181022_224501.jpg
    190.1 KB · Views: 85
Thanks! The place I go to must have just sold their lm blenny so I'll hold off on that for a while.

The shrimp are so much fun to watch, it is so cool the way they walk upside down on the water surface for food :)

You want to be careful on the lawnmower blenny. Make sure you see it eat before you buy as they are finicky eaters and hard to train to eat.

Just an update since it us been a few months :) I picked up some corals late November, and all are looking good so far:

1. Ricordea mushroom
2. Lobophytum Devils hand leather
3. Montipora
4. Euphyllia hammer
5. Caulastrea candy cane
6. Rhodactis mushroom
7. Purple brush Gorgonian
8. Corkys fingers Gorgonian

Screenshot_2018-12-26-23-24-48~2.jpeg

Be careful with that leather being up on the rocks. Once they take off, they reproduce by dropping branches. Can easily overtake the rock.
Thanks for the advice? Anywhere you'd recommend sticking him? Just lower on the rock? Or on a smaller rock in the sand?

My candy cane coral had a hitchhiker, feather duster :)

Attachments

• 20190104_221002.jpg
    20190104_221002.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 82
Back
Top Bottom