Making the jump in a few months.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CTBowes6

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I've always wanted to start a saltwater reef tank, but have never gotten around to it. I am in college so the finances have never really added up. Recently, however, I gained a second job at a reef store in Orlando. As the only one at the store who doesn;t have a tank, I finally feel it is time to take the next step. I will be moving in about two months so I will wait a bit before starting. I'll be saving some cash in the meantime.

So I have some questions.

Due to space restraints and college living, I am looking at about a 30g tank. Would it be cheaper/more budget efficient to get an all in one system or buy stuff separately?

I am looking at keeping some fish, live rock, and corals, nothing too high maintenance.

I am also trying to map some of the expenses I will be running into. Any thoughts?

For starting out an all in one system is perfect. Has lights and everything just add rock and water. There are also loads of customizations/upgrades that can be done so it's a good system to get your feet wet with.

Back
Top Bottom