Mandarin or Triggerfish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gazwaz

Aquarium Advice Regular
I am looking at getting me store credit by returning my three small fish. Green chromis and two tiny dwarf clowns.

My main reason is because I know now that the water is okay for investing in proper looking fish.

I have a few corals in my ~50g, with great filtrations(b,c,m).

I really like the mandarins and triggerfish. Please any thoughts on a small growing species of triggerfish?

If not, id have to settle for mandarin. Cuz i know 50g is small for a trigger, but maybe an adolesent small sized one is out there?

Please advise, thanks!

No triggers... Sorry... And as far as the mandarin, if ur tank is just getting started, it'll die. Ur pod growth won't support it. It'll slowly starve.

Ok maybe i can have the triggerfish and sell him when he gets big? I really wanna keep one, is a bigger tank my only option?

Ive heard of people growing adolesents and selling them back to the LfS when they get bigger. I just want tips on the triggerfish species that are the smallest, and/or slow growers.

I do not care about aggression, as it will be the only fish in my tank(50g)

Please advise!

There are no slow growing triggers. And are you sure your lfs will buy it back? It's just better to get a bigger tank. You and the fish will get more enjoyment out of it.

I'd say its too small for a trigger... But u may be able to do a mandarin if your tank is at least a year, you have enough rock, a refugium, and nothing else that will compete with it for food

Also I would try to train it to eat frozen

Alright! Thanks Mr. D and you!

Can i dump a bunch of premade pods in the refugium, and expect them to breed and situate there?

Gazwaz said:
Alright! Thanks Mr. D and you!

Can i dump a bunch of premade pods in the refugium, and expect them to breed and situate there?[/QUO
I stocked my fugi with 1000 pods from reefs2go they breed enough to keep 2 mandarin in my 55g over 2 years now

Thanks very much, i will order some now.

Appreciate the help! They will like my chaeto and moss ball+some LR in there

Back
Top Bottom