Mandarin Problems!! Help!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EddieJ123

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just bought theses guy yesturday and all he does is sit in the sand. Does he have a problem?ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418064158.226963.jpg

Sorry for the bad pic but you get the point. Is he just figuring [Moderator Edit] out?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure what you mean, it doesn't move or it doesn't swim in the water column?

He just stays in his corner. He is the black thing in the bottom left corner.

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1418075419.909316.jpg

How old is the tank and where did you get him? Did you ask if he was feed live,frozen, or mixed?

5 gallon Betta Tank
In Progress 20L Reef

is he eating mandarins are one of the most difficult little fish to keep alive
how old is the tank is there a big population of pods
usually when they stick to one spot it means theirs stress
how was he acclimated did you check salinity of water in his bag cause some fish shops do keep lower salinity levels than we do in our tanks most of us stay in the range of 1.024 to 1.026
sudden changes will stress a mandarin
water quality
temp
bright lighting when just added

He doesn't swim anywhere else.

I didn't check the salinity so maybe that's it. I just floated him for 15min and add a little tank water every so often for another 20 mins.

I didn't check the salinity so maybe that's it. I just floated him for 15min and add a little tank water every so often for another 20 mins.

You should look into drip acclimating. It eases the fish into the change of parameters slowly. Much better form of acclimating.

I have a mandarin and drip acclimatised him over an hour in a bucket. I add shrimp eggs daily and he also loves garlic shrimp when I feed it.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom