mandarin / psychedelic fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

saltcreep1025

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 35g tank and am trying to figure out what fish i want to put into it. Could u guys tell me a bit about the mandarin / psychedelic fish? They look oh so cool =)

would they be ok for a 35g tank?

how big do they get?

what do they eat?

aggressive? dossile? active swimmers?

thx so much guys!

I would advise against a mandarin or psychedelic mandarin. They need lots of space to hunt copepods and such and rarely eat non-live food. They are absolutely magnificent animals, but they'd be really unhappy in your 35g. They are recommended in no less than 100gal.

They get to be about 4" i think. they eat mostly live worms, copepods, and live brine. They sometimes eat frozen food, but don't count on it. They are the most non-aggressive, loveable, active fish I have ever seen. Notice my avatar. My system is 55 gal, but I have tons of fauna and pods and such, and mine luckily does take frozen. I'm upgrading to 120 gallons though. I don't want to take the chance of a 20 year life span narrowed to 1 year, ya know? ;)

So, in short, my advice is the followingf:
Get a bigger tank, then get a mandarin. :)

100% agree with kidafius.

make sure the tank is not only larger but also has plenty of well established live rock.

For other cool fish tey the yellow goby

Back
Top Bottom