Mandrain not to be seen?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

boricua1213

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
well been two days since I seen my mandrain. Today i lifted rocks in search for him, no luck. If starved and die could the crabs and cleaner shrimp consume the remains. Is it possible that anenome ate him? How bad is it for the tank for the madrain to decompose in the tank if no other livestock had him for a meal?

Thanks again

Rick

I'd say if you can't find him, your clean up crew did their jobs. Have you tested your water parameters? They should be housed in a mature tank, with lots of LR for the pods to thrive.

Agreed! If your tank isn't about a year old with lots of LR and a fuge you will have a tough time with that fish. They, for the most part, only eat live food. Some have been able to get theirs to eat pellet or fozen but it is tough.

Sounds like your cleanup crew got a snack.

I was lucky enough to get a nice fat mandarin that was already eating frozen. Although my tank is a year and a half old, I still waited to find one that was happy to eat frozen as well. I wanted that 'safety net' for this guy. I've had him a month and he's doing great!

Back
Top Bottom