Mantis update, Clash of the Titans!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Update is coming. I didn't think it would be this difficult to make one. I went to sleep and this morning when I kicked on the lights Capt. Le Chuck is doing very well, but I can't find clyde anywhere. I don't see any pieces of clyde either. I am wondering if he has taken refuge with the astrea snails in the back filtration chamber in hopes of launching a sneak attack on the good Captain in the near future. Pics and an offical update will follow soon.

thought le chuck was the mantis and clyde was the crab

Correct, clyde is the lightfoot. Despite my divine intervention into the JBJ, clyde has discovered refuge with the astreas in the back filter compartment. I guess I will reward him for his stealthiness by taking him to the LFS and picking up some mantis fodder while I am there. I don't think a forceful comfrontation is going to work, and it doesn't seem as cool if I just drop the crab on top of him, so he will be allowed to live (if you can call taking him to the LFS any more humane than just allowing him to be clubbed to death :) But fear not, I still have ever intention of seeing how bonnie, the other half of the evil duo stands against the dreaded captain. I have seen them eat too many growth buds on my acros to allow a full pardon on the pair.

So what to do now with this monster crab, its 1:30 in the morning and red eyed demon he may be, I am humane. So I do the only logical thing, I drop him in the JBJ nano cube

Reading how humane you were in the first post made the whole death match scenario you were setting up that much funnier! :p

Well everyone, clyde has packed up and headed for the coast. The LFS owner has adopted clyde and now I must retire to my silversides and fishing line to see if I can rope bonnie. As far as I can tell Clyde got word to her on his way out and she has gone into hiding. There is a small group of hippie bristle worms that hang out near my shroom cave and I think they have taken her in. Rest assured i will be posting as things develop.
In other news, Cpt. Chuck's lack of agressions got on my nerves today and I dropped one of the astrea cultists on his head. Chuck didn't much appreciate that and comensed a one hour bashing spree that could be heard throughout the house. I think the snails all converted.

What a distasteful Pirate that Le Chuck can be. Apparently he came out and mooned a demonstration by the Anti-detrius micro fauna league last night. These pictures were turned in to me by outraged protesties. I better catch bonnie quickly as the captain must be growing bored now that he is all alone. I can see her in the main tank now eating some pocillopora like popcorn, she must have the munchies from hanging out with those bristleworms. Maybe tonight will be the night.

Based on what my mantis did to the crab I gave him, I didn't think Clyde would last a minute against your monster! More hiding spots or your mantis is too well fed, I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom