Many inverts keep dying and i dont know why

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bholl

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My invertebrates keep dying and I don't know why I tested my water and all my levels are good. There's something I'm missing and I can't figure it out. The snails never come out of there shells and the hermits are ok for a couple days then they die. Any info would be great. I have no copper traces either

Nitrate is 5.0 or less ammonia is 0 oh is 8.2 salt level is 1.022 or 1.021 a little low i know, and the tank is brand new. I'm not getting it, the tank has already cycled I started it jan 1st or so. I've put snails and crabs in 3 different times and I've got 1 crab left. I have a lawnmower Blenny that has survived it all. So I'm at a loss

Even if the levels are ok? How is the fish still surviving?

Yea I had a ammonia spike then a nitrate spike, after I did a water change and it seems to have leveled out

What are you using to measure salinity? 1.021 is low. How long did you acclimate them and do you know what the salinity was of the water where you got them?

Already asked, but how did you cycle it and what were the levels when you did the water change? Less than a month without some kind of bottled bacteria is quick. Also, how are you testing?

I use an instant hydrometer, ro water and the pet store salinity was 1.024. When I had my water tested 2 weeks ago I had great amounts of ammonia so they recommended API quick start to help lower them. This is very frustrating

I recently purchased an API test kit so I can test on my own

Back
Top Bottom