The past weekend I spent numerous hours browsing through AA and learned a great deal. I have quite a few questions and was hoping to get some insight from the community.
1. I have had my 35 gallon tank, with crushed coral (florida) substrate setup for about 7.5 weeks but unfortunately didnt have time to pursue my tank further and have waited until now to start introducing life to it. I took a water sample to my lfs
and they tested it, my nitrite was very high and he recommend a nutrafin cycle product that would help reduce the nitrite levels. I also purchased a testing kit. The salinity is ~1.024 and @ 77F. Is there anything else I can do to help reduce the nitrite levels? I added a small amount of substrate from my lfs
' liverock tank to my system to help speed up the process as well.
2. My 35 gallon came in a kit form (tank, stand, substrate, salt, thermometer, hydrometer, canopy, light). It is a very simply Odell Flourescent canopy. I am plannign on adding 40lbs of LiveRocks.com keys liverock. I already planned on adding two blue cold cathode tubes for added effect (especially at night with the flourescent tube off) but should I change the flourescent tube/or retrofit the canopy as I want my liverock to have the necessary light it needs.
3. My lfs
doesn't care any type of livesand and said that my crushed coral substrate should be fine. Opinions?
4. I was planning on adding two blue damsels before I get my liverock, is this okay?
5. What should I be feeding fish in my tank?
6. If i was to get 4 or 5 creatures for my tank, what should I get and in what order and over what period of time?
I'm sure all have many more questions later, thanks in advanced.
- Cheap Hosting Galore