Marcos vs Live Rock

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rtoycrow

Aquarium Advice Regular
I made a purchase of 50 lbs of base rock from Marcos which by the way was a smart move. Very beautiful base rock. But this question is for people who have purchased from there. I was wondering if the same amount of marcos base rock was equivalent to the amount of live rock you recieved. 50 lbs Live Rock = 50 lbs Base Rock or is the live rock heavier than base and if I order 50 lbs of live rock should I expect the same amount of rocks as the base rock or a lesser amount b/c of weight.

I ordered from Marc and his rock is very pourous. Depending on where you get your LR, it can be more solid, in which case you would have fewer rocks but heavier and more dense. If that makes sense.

And the more porus rock from marcosrocks accepts the good stuff live rock that leans on it.

I put in 50lb of Marco Rock, the just bought 3 pieces of live rock (about 15 lbs) and leaned them against the base rock. within 3 months, all the color and life spread to the base rock. And this base rock has so much more holes, it looks a lot nicer then the purchased live rock.

By looking at Marcos rock, which looks very good btw, I would say your average LR is going to be more dense. Florida LR is one of the most dense, Fiji would be closer to Marcos. HTH

Back
Top Bottom