Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-05-2004, 05:48 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

marine bio-spira

anybody ever used this? i did on my new 75 gl tank two saturdays ago, now i have around 30-40 lb of LR and 3 bags of LS , 5 fish, tang-yellow, and 4 damsels, 10 hermit crabs, 2 emrald crabs, and one big coral striped shrimp/crab, nitrites are "0" ammonia "0" PH around 7.9-8.1 water temp stays at 79-80 light on or light off, light is on timer, and all seems fine. LFS tested water on thursday 1-1-04 said all was good, testing water again today just o be sure, i used to packs of that marine bio-spira and it seems to work great...just thought i would let others know about it in case some did not know about it, i have one power head, and a fluval 404 filter running now...will add a skimmer and the new coralife moonlight soon...
let me know what you guys think so far, this is my first SW tank.
thanks
jeremy

Old 01-05-2004, 06:16 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus

Was the LR cured or uncured?

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 09:05 PM   #3

It was cured.i was told do not mess with uncured..
Old 01-05-2004, 09:06 PM   #4

had water tested tonight at LFS all is still good, all 0's across the board and ph still were it needs to be..just to let all know.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:33 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to WarOrks15 Send a message via MSN to WarOrks15
But here is a question dose that fix it for a short time or for the long run? is the bacteria still there or is he just stoped the cycle for a short time? or is it just moving a a smaller, slower rate.
Old 01-05-2004, 09:48 PM   #6

i was told this does the cycle and its for good...my girlfriend did this with her freshwater tank before x-mas and its been great all levels normal in a 25gl tank with 10 fish in it...so i used it along with my LFS and it does seem to work out very well.
Old 01-05-2004, 11:15 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via AIM to WarOrks15 Send a message via MSN to WarOrks15
I really do not know about stuff like that it sounds too good to be true. i like cycleing my tank the "old" way. ya it take more time but then you can read up about what u want ot put in there. it also give you some time to get more money up so you can get more stuff.
Old 01-06-2004, 12:06 AM   #8
AA Team Emeritus

Quote:
i have around 30-40 lb of LR and 3 bags of LS
It's fairly difficult to say it isn;t the LS and the LR that are keeping the levels in check, although I think the surface area would be rather low for a 75g tank Your not the only person I've heard say good things about this product, I think it is awesome and if it works will be great for setting up Q-tanks in a hurry!!

Visit Nature Coast Photography
reefrunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2004, 01:57 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

How much you pay for the Bio-Spira? Is there a price difference between the freshwater kind vs the saltwater?
Old 01-06-2004, 05:03 PM   #10

yeah, the marine is more money i paid 30 bucks a pop for each bag, its frozen and needs to stay frozen, then let it sit in tank while u are warming up water to the temp u need u can let it warm with water, then pour it in then or it will die off, i had to use two bags for my 75gl tank, but so far water is **** clear, and fish all seem to be acting fine, right along with my hermits, and emerald crabs, so i am sold on it...

Tags
bio, marine

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com