Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 06-03-2004, 09:30 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Freak

Send a message via AIM to Ayesha97 Send a message via Yahoo to Ayesha97
This chart might help you. It doesn't list the sizes of the fish, but it might be a good starting off point for which fish are compatiable.

http://home.comcast.net/~kraginski/fish-chart.jpg

Old 06-03-2004, 10:33 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to RocketSeason
WOW! thats fantastic!!!

Hardware: 37 gallon SW tank and stand by Oceanic Systems, Magnum 350 Pro Canister Filter (half carbon), CPR Bak Pak 2R skimmer, Maxijet 1200 Powerhead, RenaCal 150 W heater, Compact fluorescent lights with moonlights. 40 lbs of liverock, 3" sand bed.

Software:2 Tank-Raised Ocellaris Clowns, 1 Purple Firefish, 1 Electric Orange hermit crab, 18 Blue Legged hermit crabs, 8 or so Nassarius snails, Xenia, Blue, green, and Green Striped Mushrooms.

Click here to vote for AquariumAdvice.com: The friendliest, fishiest place on the net!

Central Illinois Marane Aquarist (CIMA) member.
RocketSeason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2004, 12:16 AM   #13
steve-s

They are great reference guides but just remember the fish you are getting can't read them Each fish will have a certain personality to it. If an "asured" combo doesn't work, don't sweat it. It happens.

Cheers
Steve
Old 06-04-2004, 12:33 AM   #14
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via Yahoo to quarryshark
Ya I'll find out this weekend what "with caution" really means. I'm about to put my Heni's in the main. We'll see what my angel and tang think of the chart.
It is helpful when planning though.
Old 06-04-2004, 09:48 AM   #15
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
http://www.coralclub.org/db1/form.ph...able_name=fish

Its strictly a search database, but does have the criteria you are asking for.
I think the link will take you directly to the search page, if not, go to the main page, then forum, then there is a link to the database at the top.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:20 AM   #16
Aquarium Advice Freak

This looked very promising, but I searched for fish < 2" and it came back with 3 results, all 15" fish!
Old 06-05-2004, 10:22 AM   #17
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketSeason
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckycat
I'd rather not leaf through descriptions of 500 different fish trying to find the ones that are 1) small and 2) compatible with each other.
Why not? Thats half the fun of this hobby! The knowledge you gain!
Yes, you're right, it is very fun, and I've already learned a lot from doing that...but having a quick summary based on size would be great.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:24 AM   #18
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayesha97
This chart might help you. It doesn't list the sizes of the fish, but it might be a good starting off point for which fish are compatiable.
Thanks for the chart, I've seen this in some of the books I have...now if I could only find one by size/aquarium or fish! I can imagine a lot of newbies asking this same question..ok so I have a 55g tank. What fish can I get if I don't want to swap them out when they get too big? What about a 20g? Give me all of the fish I can safely put in this "micro reef". Maybe a good side project for someone.

If I put a list together for my own aquarium (37g) I'll post it, and perhaps others can add their input.
Old 06-05-2004, 10:38 AM   #19
AA Team Emeritus

Send a message via Yahoo to Hara
Quote:
This looked very promising, but I searched for fish < 2" and it came back with 3 results, all 15" fish!
strange...I did it and got one listing, a citron clown goby. Also, the more fields you use, the more exact your search will be.
Old 06-06-2004, 11:35 PM   #20
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hara
Quote:
strange...I did it and got one listing, a citron clown goby. Also, the more fields you use, the more exact your search will be.
Tried it again, I think I selected additional criteria that threw it off... when I search for all fish < 2 " it returns fish that are clearly > 2", which isn't right, but at least it includes fish that are < 2"...this could be a pretty good resource. Thanks again for the link!

Tags
compatibility, marine, marine fish

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com