Marine Test Kits

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

landshark

Aquarium Advice Activist
Does anyone know which would be the best test kit for a saltwater tank? :facepalm: I see about a gazillion different type of test kits online. I dont want to get a cheap,crappy test kit.....

I'd say the Hanna checkers are the best as far as accuracy and you don't have to waste time with color cards. They are pricey though. Red Sea and Salifert are good and pretty accurate. A very common, basic test kit is API. There's more of a chance of it being a little off and it doesn't tell the exact ppm like the other test kits (goes from 5 to 0 ppm on color card).

Salifert stands above the rest IME, API has too many accuracy issues for me. I tried some of the Red Sea kits, but found them a bit complicated. As stated above, if you can afford digital meters, that is the way to go, but pretty pricey.

i agree with everybody as well the api test are not to good. i use hanna checkers and red sea test there the best IMO..

I had to settle for API kit right now..Ive already spent a buttload on equipment...glad to say my yellow and maroon clownfish are getting along just fine.I was worried they were gonna slug it out but Jonah accepted Edgar like they were kinfolk..lol

Back
Top Bottom