Mattyfelts's Nano

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Add your ammonia source. Then wait for your ammonia to spike then nitrite to spike then when these 2 both fall off to 0 ppm and all you have is nitrate do a large wc (50-60%). You can add some cuc here but don't go crazy because you don't want them to starve. I would wait until your nitrates below 10 ppm before adding a fish

Ok so pretty well same as freshwater. So I can alrdy add snails now or should I wait

My girlfriend would like to know if I could have just one clown? Also, instead of bio and carbon what if I put live rock in the slot for the media? Just an idea haha. Also is there any super hardy corals I could use even tho I didn't use reef salt

Don't put LR in the filter, just wait til your cycle is done and run some chemi-pure or purigen until you see what your specific needs will be. As for the clown I personally wouldn't put one in anything smaller than a 20 long, they are very active I have 2 black and white oc's in my 40 breeder and they swim the entire length of the tank pretty much all day. That being said I've seen people do it so it's really up to what you feel comfortable with. If you do get one it will pretty much max out your bio load, you can add a small goby probably but not much else. Also add the clown last as they are just plain mean. For the corals do you have a test kit that can test alkalinity calcium phosphate , and what kind of lighting do you have

Don't put LR in the filter, just wait til your cycle is done and run some chemi-pure or purigen until you see what your specific needs will be. As for the clown I personally wouldn't put one in anything smaller than a 20 long, they are very active I have 2 black and white oc's in my 40 breeder and they swim the entire length of the tank pretty much all day. That being said I've seen people do it so it's really up to what you feel comfortable with. If you do get one it will pretty much max out your bio load, you can add a small goby probably but not much else. Also add the clown last as they are just plain mean. For the corals do you have a test kit that can test alkalinity calcium phosphate , and what kind of lighting do you have

How about firefish? And I will be picking up the API saltwater master kit shortly and right now I only have 2x 13 watt cfls. I will be upgrading to a cheap led light system which I will link to when I get home, I doubt these will sustain any corals

No the cfls won't. Fire fish are cool but they jump so you will need a lid. Fwiw reefkoi has par38 for $60 right now

That light is fine for a fowlr but it won't grow any corals. Just a warning coral is addicting so if you think your going to get into them I would recommend getting a good light the first time because that is the first upgrade people usually make

That light is fine for a fowlr but it won't grow any corals. Just a warning coral is addicting so if you think your going to get into them I would recommend getting a good light the first time because that is the first upgrade people usually make
Yeah im going to do fowlr now and when i get the 55 i can make it full reef.

For a large reef I would go with a 40 breeder or a 60 they have larger footprints and are easier to work with than the pretty narrow 55g standards. Just my $.02

I'm goin to try to fish in cycle, I have fed the fish but not to sure what they eat, I got it some new life spectrum sinking pellets for marines!

If you can temporarily rehouse it I would, fish in cycles are very tough on the fish. If not your going to need a lot of ro/di water and salt because your going to have to do a lot of wc's and it will drag out your cycle, especially with base rock

Back
Top Bottom