Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater & Reef - Getting Started

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 12-22-2005, 11:58 AM   #11
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Was it because of the suction cups or some other reason(s)?

Gatorfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:23 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Freak
The change from MJ’s to the Seio’s was mainly because of the water disbursement. If you compare the two, the MJ’s have a @10 degree jet that is very turbulent while the Seio’s have a very wide almost 30 degree output.

I am waiting to see how the icecap vortex’s are going to be priced… the motor will be on the outside of the tank, and it will drive the current via magnets to its counterpart inside the tank. http://www.sparklingfloorservice.com...vortech_lg.wmv I am hoping they wont be too expensive.

Another plus to the Seio's is that you can strip them down, and make them look like a Tunze (for us reefers on a budget.)

and one additional plus is that the seio 620,820,1100 are rated at 620,820,1100 gph respectfully. the price for the 620 on petsolutions is only 34.99. you will spend that on atleast 2 MJ's to equal the gph, without the coverage that the seio's provide.

I am sure others have used Seio's and can chime in too.

I guess if you have an extra 40 bucks to spend buy one, and try it out... you will soon replace your other MJ's with them (thats what happened with me.)

75g w/ 30g sump, 160# LR, 60# sand: Inverts =18 turbos, 30 nassirus's, 40 blue leg's, 5 emeralds, 1 CBS, 1 skunk cleaner, 1 brown gulf shrimp? and various other LR hitch hikers yet un discovered or un-ID'ed
Fish=1 yellow tang, 1 yellow headed jawfish, 1 pink/blue shrimpgoby, 2 perc clowns.
Future fish = 1 sixline, 1 lawnmower blenny
mykpoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 04:07 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Wow, that vortech pump looks really cool. The Seio's 620gph using 8W is impressive. The MJ1200 uses 20W for 295gph. But we're getting off-topic now.

I'm going to try the silicon on the suction cup again and I'll post my results.

Gatorfreak is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com